[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Based on historical records, were women better at being leaders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1392234631135.jpg (16KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1392234631135.jpg
16KB, 615x456px
Based on historical records, were women better at being leaders of a nation and/or empire than men? Which of the two were the most involved in war and under which rule had the most progressive and developed nation?
>>
Bloody Mary and Catherine de Medicis would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>2114394
Female monarchs have a tendency to wage wars.
Define "progressive".
Most of the world was not really developed before the industrial revolution.
>>
>>2114428
Who ran the country more smoothly with the least amount of JUST. I realized I should've used a different term after re-reading my post
>>
File: 16e_Map_15.02.jpg (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
16e_Map_15.02.jpg
1MB, 1440x1080px
Catherine the Great was arguably one of the best russian rulers.
>>
>>2114460
So they fought 2 battles and won the entirety of Siberia?
>>
>>2114466
Kind of like the Americans settling west.
Cold, empty, no government, only tribal resistance.
>>2114446
There's a lot less female monarchs, but i'd say they were often more competent.
They generally won their wars.
Unless they died and the heir decided to retreat instead of destroying the enemy.... I'm looking at you Peter III aka prussiaboo
>>
>>2114466
I agree, that was overkill. One would be more than enough.
>>
>7 posts
>not one acknowledging the queen of England
In conclusion, men make better rulers
>>
>>2114446
>with the least amount of JUST.
Stop speaking in memes while asking for comprehensive answers you fucking autist.
>>
>>2114466
Yeah, for some reason nobody bothered to record the battles of "Five Russian Dudes Kill Three Eskimos in the Snow", but I think there were quite a few of them.
>>
>>2114394
This is kind of an extreme generalization but female rulers usually *had* to be more competent to get into and maintain power, in the face of the common assumption that men were more fit to rule.

This is also why female monarchs are often surrounded by stories of cunning or brutality, which they used to solidify and legitimize their claims to power. There were very few people worse to make angry than a Chinese empress, for example.
>>
>>2114394
I would say that by necessity Female rulers tended to be more competent than male rulers. Considering how difficult it was for a woman to gain and hold onto power, the few that did make it tended to be very good. Having said that, as many female rulers often maintained power via manipulation of court politics, from an outsider perspective many famous female rulers (Catherine de' Medici, Empress Dowager Cixi) often seem to be idiotic and poor decision makers as what is needed to maintain power and what will make your nation stronger are often contradictory in nature.
>>
>>2115553
the* Chinese Empress. There was one.
Empress "Executing you like Fumanchu" Wu
>>
>>2115553
>>2115581
Cixi was one bad bitch. So was Wu
>>
>>2114394
There would be no nations without men you stupid cunt.
>>
>>2116989
There would be no nations without women you stupid cunt.
>>
>>2117003
Think you are real smart arent you sweetcheeks? Sperms makes humans so without men there are no humans you dumb cunt.

My point here is men made all human civilization while subhuman cunts did nothing but swallow semen and be loads.
>>
>>2117030
Think you are real smart arent you sweetcheeks? Eggss makes humans so without women there are no humans you dumb cunt.

My point here is women made all human civilization while subhuman cocks did nothing but eject semen and be loads.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.