[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>108 billion people have been born >maybe like 30 have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1472301434511.jpg (87KB, 336x349px) Image search: [Google]
1472301434511.jpg
87KB, 336x349px
>108 billion people have been born
>maybe like 30 have made any lasting impact

how do you cope
>>
>30
Way more than that. Also, because I'm one of them.

Guess which one I am.
>>
>tfw not born the son of exoirbantly rich and powerful politician

there's no point in living.
>>
prety sure every action ever taken has a lasting impact senpai

I mean I feel you. I feel like this is the weakness of atheism. I believe that a part of me lives on, so every action I take should be for the greater good of my immortal soul, and helping others is a side consequence
>>
Everyone is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and everyone will eventually be forgotten, so who cares.
>>
I cope by telling myself that the predicted models of when an intelligence explosion will occur is within my lifetime.

Thus, the works and deeds of everyone else becomes irrelevant as we are uplifted to the mantle of angels under an almighty, all benevolent god. And no, I am not talking about YHWH or that fucking memefrog.
>>
>>2111187
This.

No human creation will endure forever. Time will not endure forever.
>>
A fuck ton more then 30, but i get ya point.
>>
>>2111206
Not with that attitude. We need to colonize outerspace and then start working our way into other dimensions. Humanity will beat existence purely to spite the universe for not making us gods. It only makes sense.
>>
>>2111152
>the dead outnumber the living 20 to 1

Is "votes for the dead" the last great reform for liberalism?
>>
>>2111467

No we will die and be forgotten.
>>
>>2111467
Oddly poetic.
>>
Your definition of "impact" must be very narrow.

Why do you want to matter to people who will never truly know you?
>>
>>2111176
>I mean I feel you. I feel like this is the weakness of atheism.
I'm curious as to what you mean by this. Could you possibly expand on that?
>>
By knowing that we are a product of history itself while at the same time shaping it ourselves.

I believe that strings are pulled by phenomena way bigger than individuals. If anything we could talk about the anarchic human hivemind with strong influence of earth as well.

The great man study of history is short sighted imo
>>
File: 1462809323038.gif (393KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1462809323038.gif
393KB, 264x264px
>>2111175
Why? To forever live in the shadow of your father... Horrible. And something i fear.
>>
>>2111467
>>2111511
>humanity uplifts
>we continue killing each other as other-dimensional beings
>failing that, fight by proxy for "who has the biggest e-peen" but with actual, lower-level creatures of other dimensions.
>>
>>2111529
Idk I guess you could say part of the search for greatness, which, while producing the big men in history, also leads to failure like dumb fucks trying to get famous and failing, is a way to immortalize oneself. I doubt OP wants to actually help the human race prosper as much as he wants people to be sucking his dick in a thousand years

With a belief in the afterlife and/or the presence of some higher connective force you can find more fulfillment being just another brick in the wall, due to the sense of justice that a higher authority brings

Idk fa.m tb.h my response was sort of a non-sequitur cuz OP was a shitpost
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.