[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Confucius >Mozi >Mencius >Laozi >Zhuangzi >Xunzi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

>Confucius
>Mozi
>Mencius
>Laozi
>Zhuangzi
>Xunzi
>Han Fei

One of them will show you the way. The others will scorn you eternally for not following theirs. Who do you choose?
>>
At least Conficius has political power and influence.
>>
>>2109519
I only need Daoism in my life.
>>
>>2109529
>wanting to be unhewn wood
gross
>>
>>2109527
Han Fei actually had a lot of influence on Mao, perversely enough
>>
>>2109540
I stand corrected, honorable /his/torian.
>>
>>2109529
Either you are in tune with Dao or you are not.
>>
>>2109519
Han Fei easy.
>>
>>2109519
Guan Yu
>>
File: 14208659868402.jpg.png (524KB, 512x441px) Image search: [Google]
14208659868402.jpg.png
524KB, 512x441px
>>2109519
Han Fei all the way. Tho I creatly admire Laozi and Xunzi considered they was huge insperations to Han Fei.

>>2109527
Not entierly, there is a reason why the chinese idom 儒表法裡(Outside Confucious, Legalist within) exists. The Confucious society without laws have never been realized.
>>
>>2109651
that means jack shit if you've done any readings
>>
>>2109789
>>2109673
>>2109540
I don't get the Han Fei love. What do you see in his ideology besides
>muh carrot
>much stick

although it is the most comprehensive ideology any of them had
>>
>>2109870
>What do you see in his ideology
It's basically political realism ante litteram.
Confucianism may well have been the most socially acceptable philosophy, but legalism is how the Middle Kingdom worked.
>>
>>2109889
but wasn't Han Fei's model basically derivative of Mozi?
>>
>>2110095
Mohism influenced legalism yes, but so what? They're still very different philosophies.
I think it would be fair to say that they arrive to the same conclusions through different reasonings. They certainly start from different views of humankind.
>>
who needs asian philosophy anyhow?
>>
>>2109519
Han Fei.
>>
Who was the most classical liberal?
>>
>>2110142
how so? they're both very pessimistic
>>
>>2110156
>>2110227
it's very interesting to me how much our language clearly shapes our philosophy. I wonder what it was about ancient Chinese that favored Daoism, and what it is about English that inspires essentially Cartesian/enlightenment thought
>>
>>2110254
>how so?
Basically Mohism is moral theory, Legalism political theory.
Mozi talks of how men ought to behave, Han Fei talks of statecraft.
Mozi argued that benevolence comes to human beings "as naturally as fire turns upward or water turns downward", Han Fei argued that human nature is inherently evil and virtueless.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.