[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'A LABOR LEADER ONCE SAID TO ME THAT FEW LABOR MEN HAVE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

'A LABOR LEADER ONCE SAID TO ME THAT FEW LABOR MEN HAVE ANY ACQUISITIVE INSTINCT. THEY ARE A SELF-SELECTED GROUP OF THOSE IMPATIENT BY NATURE OR HABIT OR BOTH. THEY TEND TO SPEND RATHER THAN TO SAVE. THE GREAT NEED AND OPPORTUNITY FOR EDUCATION IN THRIFT IS MANIFEST'
-Irving Fisher

Is this true, /his/? Are all physical laborers manifestly not capable of high level theoretical thought?
>>
Maybe only because of the culture engendered in poorer areas, the perception maintained by many living in Ghettos that it's better to spend now than to save.
>>
>whaddya mean you spent 90% of your wages on food and housing and transportation? if you save the remaining 10% instead of spending it on a case of beer and entertainment to make your life more tolerable you'll own a steel mill like me one day! fucking poorfags why can't you make 5 million a year and only spend 3% of it like me?

richfags need to be gassed desu
>>
>>2102019
>Are all physical laborers manifestly not capable of high level theoretical thought?
Yes, that's why a vanguard party is needed.
>>
>>2102475
Yes, my biggest complaint is there should be some available metric to compute as regards the ability to save and hoard money, versus making more money when you already have it. It SHOULD be easier to make if you have more of it, but it shouldn't be super easy, because that easiness imputes an exact relative hardiness on the poor's way of living.
>>
>>2102019
He said they need education. Clearly the implication is that they're capable, they just need to be educated.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.