[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In the Treaty of Fontainebleau, the Allies exiled him to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Napoleon.jpg (221KB, 800x657px) Image search: [Google]
Napoleon.jpg
221KB, 800x657px
>In the Treaty of Fontainebleau, the Allies exiled him to Elba, an island of 12,000 inhabitants in the Mediterranean, 20 km (12 mi) off the Tuscan coast. They gave him sovereignty over the island and allowed him to retain the title of Emperor. Napoleon attempted suicide with a pill he had carried after nearly being captured by the Russians during the retreat from Moscow. Its potency had weakened with age, however, and he survived to be exiled while his wife and son took refuge in Austria.[170] In the first few months on Elba he created a small navy and army, developed the iron mines, oversaw the construction of new roads, issued decrees on modern agricultural methods, and overhauled the island's legal and educational system.[171][172]

What if Napoleon had committed suicide?

What do you think his legacy would have been? Would he have been seen as a coward? Another tyrant that ended it?

Did his return and acceptance lead to a more glorified version of him?

How do you think history would have changed if Napoleon committed suicide and never managed to come back?
>>
>>2100142
His legacy goes beyond his dead.
>>
>>2100142
Interesting subject OP, I'm drunk so I can't really answer you, but i'll give you this humble bump.
>>
We didn't have modern forensics in those days so his death would probably be ruled out as natural causes or somesuch.
>>
>>2100789
Surely back then they had doctors which could tell from marks or colours on the skin that a poison was taken?

Also, if that was the case, how come we now today know that he did in fact try to commit suicide despite the fact he DIDN'T die?

That's a bad argument.
>>
>>2100801
>Also, if that was the case, how come we now today know that he did in fact try to commit suicide despite the fact he DIDN'T die?

Because he said so, dimwit.
>>
>>2100142
Actually, it would have made a perfect tragedy, a nice final note on his legacy. But, if he hadn't been exiled to Saint Helena, it means no memorial too. So the napoleonic legend would be a bit different.

The Brits wouldn't have been able to take credit for his defeat too.
>>
Honestly, if I were Napoleon I'd be pretty damn satisfied with the treaty

I get to leave a huge mark on Europe and I'm known forever in history, and I get to retire to a hot island in the Mediterranean.
>>
>>2101134
then again, the way he came back to France was so completely and utterly amazing I'd say the second exile was worth it.
>>
>>2101220
I probably wouldn't risk it.

If I lose, I get a worse fate and it damages my legacy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.