[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did no martial art, either Eastern or Western, use an uspidedown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: folded1000times.jpg (76KB, 409x614px) Image search: [Google]
folded1000times.jpg
76KB, 409x614px
Why did no martial art, either Eastern or Western, use an uspidedown stool as a defensive weapon?
I've been training privately, and by holding the two legs closest to myself I am confident I could block any sword strike to myself, even from a trained night

Pic related, except my stool has metal legs and a leather seat
>>
>>2099681
It's very unwieldy. you'd have to drop it on the ground to go on the offensive, unless you jsut wanted to start clubbing someone with it.
>>
File: ninnin.jpg (116KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ninnin.jpg
116KB, 500x500px
a samurai would hit your stool out of the way and then cut you
>>
>>2099681
t. Jackie Chan
>>
>>2099691
With what?
I'm blocking his sword strikes with the legs furthest from me

>>2099686
>It's very unwieldy
The one I own with metal legs is quite light actually, and I'm not sure one would need to go on the offensive, as I'm moreso imaging that it would be used by supporting troops to immobilise enemy fighters
>>
>>2099681
>I've been training privately
what do you mean by this
>>
>>2099721
I will not be harassed by losers on the internet
Keep questions serious please
>>
>>2099702
with his sword
>>
>>2099681
>block any sword strike
I don't know enough about swords to dispute that but I do know that a glorious Nippon steel stool would slice your shitty-ass stool up.
>>
>>2099726
that was a serious question, your instructor may have been limiting himself or be flawed in his methods

don't be so oversensitive
>>
>>2099702
>The one I own with metal legs is quite light actually
I'm talking about dimensions not weight. But is your stool steel, aluminum or have plastics in its composition? A stool made of steel (which would be most likely next to wood ) would be heavy as fuck. NTM there's not much in way of sturdy grip or protection from thrusting attacks and the framework could easily get entangled in the pitch of battle. Also it requires both hands to maneuver in a effective manner,
>>
File: LvL5RetrdTant.jpg (7KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
LvL5RetrdTant.jpg
7KB, 276x183px
>>2099726
>>
>>2099681
what if they grab the stool by one of the legs and grapple you and then stab you with a dagger
>>
Another argument against the use of stools is the lack of them. Might seem odd for us now, but chairs and stools are a very late addition to a common household. For thousands of years the most common chair was a rulers throne. It was not really up until the industrial revolution when people could work while seated that chairs actually became commonplace. There are of course exceptions, and the wealthy had acess to them much earlier. But the idea that chairs are everywhere is in fact a modern conception
>>
>>2099782

A swordsman could get around something like that if they have any skill
>>
>>2101892
>grapple
>not the most useless status condition
Catching the stool is probably an athletics check action. It's probably easier just to take the 1d4 bludgeoning and then take shove before using the dagger.

Unless you're a monk you might want to take a level or two in rogue for the sneak attack damage though.
>>
>>2101892
Oh shit
>>
>>2099681
>t. Stool Wielder
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.