[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst theater going experience? I'll start. >be me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0594.jpg (44KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0594.jpg
44KB, 300x415px
Worst theater going experience? I'll start.

>be me
>80 years old
>have adored the theater all my life
>have seen nearly every show that's opened on the great wide way
>I was memorized by George M. Cohen as a boy
>I saw all the musicals of Rodgers and Hammerstein
>I waited in the rain one night for hours to meet Zero Mostel after a performance of Fiddler on the Roof
>all the theater owners know my name
>new show opens
>Hamilton
>feel fire in my loins
>haven't seen a revival of 1776 in a long time
>maybe this will be the next best thing
>for some reason, tickets are nearly impossible to get
>I wait for months to get in
>finally my day comes
>I notice something's wrong as soon as I walk through the doors
>I don't see any of the regulars
>theater is full of youngsters
>they're all wearing plaid shirts and have patchy facial hair
>overhear some of the whippersnappers talking
>"I think it's so great that the story of America will no longer be dominated by white men, but by a diverse group of actors of all races and genders"
>that's funny because I don't remember dames or negros signing the Declaration of Independence
>show begins
>a colored person walks out onstage
>starts some sort of African tribal chant
>if I listen hard enough I can make out some of the words
>figure this part is the slaves telling the story
>then some young Latin gentlemen comes out
"My name is Alexander Hamilton"
>I'm very confused
>the little brats next to me are all chanting along
>another colored actor declares himself to be Aaron Burr
>three songs in and I can't take it
>struggle to pull myself up with my walker
>start to leave
>have to walk past people
>can't walk too quick anymore
>hear one of them mutter "privileged white male"

It's not like the good old days, I tell you that.
>>
>>2095860
I know this is probably a troll b8 thread. But I actually saw Hamilton and its shit, the "Racism is bad and mean and we are all totally equal in every way" narrative is so forced and cringy it can only be called "Art" in the sense that government propaganda is "Art"
>>
This greentext story is almost as cringey as the actual fucking musical, if that's even possible.
>>
>>2095860
>80 years old

>on 4chan
>>
>>2096091
>not being intelligent enough to realize he made it up to prove a point OP believes in his dillusioned head.

kek
>>
How long until we can make Broadway great again?
>>
t. drumpfkek
>>
>>2095860

2/10 next time with feeling
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.