[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is romantic interest with artificial creations somehow less authentic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: yulang.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yulang.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Is romantic interest with artificial creations somehow less authentic than romantic interest with another human?

What about romantic interest with heterosexual partners vs romantic interest with homosexual partners? What about interspecies vs extraspecies?

Popular culture seems to believe its somehow "sad" or "depressing" when people have more interest in robots than humans, but why do they feel that way? Fear?
>>
File: trap patch.jpg (186KB, 750x574px) Image search: [Google]
trap patch.jpg
186KB, 750x574px
>Fear
You nailed it. They know they're becoming obsolete and they hate that.
>>
>>2094547
Nip waifu robots are going to be the bane of fucking civilization. Calling it now.
>>
>>2094597

It's fine as long as the sunni scum goes down with us.
>>
>>2094547
They feel that way because they assume people's romantic interest in artificial creations such as robots or fictional characters stems from a desire for romantic experiences with other people that they can't attain, leading them to use waifus/robots/etc. as a poor substitute.
>>
>>2094622
So gay partners are poor substitute for real hetero partner in that logic right?
>>
>>2094627
It's not seen to often for gays (although from a straight point of view you would get your dick sucked by a dude when you can't get a girl to do it)
On the other, "lesbians just haven't found the right cock" is definitely a common belief, as is "they can be cured by horrible gangrape" in the third world.
>>
>>2094547
your waifu will never be real, anon
>>
>>2094610
>implying implications

They'll be the last ones standing, insha'allah.
>>
In all honesty I would be more than willing to have a robo waifu if I could have meaningful conversation with it.
>>
>>2094655
Seems like insecurity to me.

Imagine a world where robot/human romantic love is the norm for 99% of the people. Then if somehow robot/robot or human/human relationship took place, the majority would view the anomalies as sad/depressing for the "real robo/human" romance right?

Or alternatively a world where gays are the majority and the heteros are the minorities.

The insecurity would still arise in the majority's mindset right? I guess I can't fault the people but rather seems like a natural reaction to cast away deviant behaviours as an unwanted thing (sad/horrible/depressing/creepy/not right/against god/etc)
>>
>>2094547
>romantic interest with artificial creations somehow less authentic than romantic interest with another human?
Yeah dumbass, don't you remember that story about the guy who fell in love with a statue that he made?
>>
>>2095038
>In time, Aphrodite's festival day came, and Pygmalion made offerings at the altar of Aphrodite. There, too scared to admit his desire, he quietly wished for a bride who would be "the living likeness of my ivory girl." When he returned home, he kissed his ivory statue, and found that its lips felt warm. He kissed it again, and found that the ivory had lost its hardness. Aphrodite had granted Pygmalion's wish.
This is just like my Chinese cartoons!
>>
>>2094674
Have you seen "apple seed"?
I'd be OK if the androids turned out to be like that
>>
File: android actor.webm (976KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
android actor.webm
976KB, 854x480px
will history remember men from our century as the people that made women obsolete?
>>
>>2095058

>tfw no greek divine golem gf
>>
Any kind of romantic feeling is authentic one if it is genuine. Listen to your heart, not to a society.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.