[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*Record Scratch* *Freeze Frame* Yup, that's me. You're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: Le Meme Frenchman face.png (4MB, 3715x3966px) Image search: [Google]
Le Meme Frenchman face.png
4MB, 3715x3966px
*Record Scratch*

*Freeze Frame*

Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.
>>
so Holy
so Roman
so Empire
>>
>>2092696
>"Well, let me tell you, it's a looooooong story"
>>
File: MedRom0207aBarbariansInvade.jpg (138KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
MedRom0207aBarbariansInvade.jpg
138KB, 720x576px
>we used to move around a lot
>>
>>2092829
what prompted the german kingdoms to begin attacking roman territories during this period?
>>
>>2092887
They wanted to get the THICC roman women.
>>
>>2093031
that sounds like bullshit, but i believe it
>>
>>2092887
>german kingdoms
>>
>>2092696

>be playing EU4 as Morocco
>conquer Spain and France
>quit game when faced with that clusterfuck
>>
>>2093031
I'm going to need photographic evidence.
>>
>>2092887
People like to argue the Huns, but this is too simplistic. Really it was the slow loss of prestige of Rome from the mid-4th century as a group of Goths managed to get privileged status as foederati within the empire, which then snowballed as more groups wanted to get similar privileges. It was less "attacking the empire" and more "we can extort the empire now". Tribal leaders wanted army positions, which meant grain supplies, prestige and wealth.
>>
>>2092887
>kingdoms

LOL

Also, they were always fucking attacking. German raids on the Rhine-Danube frontier were commonplace and many emperors like Marcus Aurelius spent almost all of their reign in Germania fighting off the hordes as a result. You have Gaius Marius taking on the Teutons and the Cimbri during the late 2nd century BCE in Gaul.

They were constantly at this shit. They just got better at it over the centuries whilst Rome stagnated or got worse.
>>
>>2094115
>German
>>
>>2092696

No, I just see that you have come back with a shitty meme expecting us to have forgotten about how shitty your memes and threads are.
>>
File: ColonialAfrica_1914.png (55KB, 350x359px) Image search: [Google]
ColonialAfrica_1914.png
55KB, 350x359px
*Record Scratch*

*Freeze Frame*

>>
File: mussolini.jpg (84KB, 634x759px) Image search: [Google]
mussolini.jpg
84KB, 634x759px
*Record Scratch*

*Freeze Frame*

>>
>>2092887
Holiness
>>
>>2092696
Looks actually quite exciting to me. This is what I'd imagine a medieval setting to be like. Lots of smaller factions plotting against each other, all kinds of minor conflicts and political scheming, rich free cities where commoners can rise to the top of society, I wonder why people don't like this. I find the HRE to be the most interesting medieval state (or state construct).
>>
>>2095569
But first of all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I71VX5RyGA
>>
>>2092887
>>2092887
What prompts the muslims to invade europe? Europe is weak and crumbling just like rome was back then so they see it ripe for the taking just like the germanic tribes did back then with rome
>>
File: Voltaire..jpg (102KB, 476x598px) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire..jpg
102KB, 476x598px
>>2092703
>>
>>2092887
huns were raping the germanic homelands and western rome was weak
>>
>>2092829
>and our neighbor was a dick
>>
File: romanempire_117-svg.png (214KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
romanempire_117-svg.png
214KB, 800x587px
>>2092696
It's pretty hard to explain, so we'll have to go back a bit...

Whoa! Not that far back!
>>
Anyone know any good books on the history/culture of the Alps?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.