[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? It was supposed to revitalize Catholicism,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: vaticanII.jpg (26KB, 585x345px) Image search: [Google]
vaticanII.jpg
26KB, 585x345px
What went wrong?

It was supposed to revitalize Catholicism, it ended up with its collapse as a political force.
>>
>>2091337
>Collapse as political forme
No that didn't already happen when the papalstates where dismenteld in the resorgimento
>>
No it wasn't supposed to revitalize shit. It accomplished exactly what it set out to accomplish, it destroyed the Catholic Church and a global NGO inherited its name and legal status.
>>
>>2091337
Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great!
>>
>>2091353
If anything, the end of the Papal States increased the power of the Papacy and of Catholicism as a whole, by reinforcing the appeal of ultramontanism.
>>
>>2091468
Catholics aren't Christian
>>
>>2091337
The Church was doomed to a death sentence ever since the Enlightenment. Vatican II might have sped up the process, but there is no evidence saying the process could've been prevented.
>>
>>2091497
>This is what the Eternal Anglo actually believes
>>
>>2091515
It's just our resident Protestard, ignore him.
>>
>>2091337
>It was supposed to revitalize Catholicism, it ended up with its collapse as a political force.
Lolwhat? It endeared itself to the Third World assuring it a second life.

Had it stayed snootily European, it wouldve died off.
>>
>>2091337
1960s hippie bullshit and the haphazard way it was implemented

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90uKf6tr9AA
>>
>>2091515
>>2091523
it's true
fundamentalist protestants are the only true christians, t b h
>>
>>2092776
There's a right way and a wrong way to implement Vatican II.

John Paul II did it the right way. He was able to merge the spirit of openness with the Church's Tradition.

Some other popes in recent years have done it the wrong way. I won't name names.
>>
>>2091337
Catholicism is still a political force where Catholics are majority, if you want to look at a church without political force look no further than the Church of England.
>>
>>2092812
>John Paul II did it the right way

Though unfortunately the liturgy did suffer under St. John Paul II. Benedict XVI made improvements with encouraging use of Latin, better translations of the new mass, reaffirming the old form of the mass, being friendly in general to the Church's traditions etc.
>>
Look upon my works ye mighty and weep..
>>
>>2092832
They love AIDS and sick disgusting homos in South America and the Phillipines
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.