[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didnt France and the UK declare war on Russia, and just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 51880bg.jpg (171KB, 1453x964px) Image search: [Google]
51880bg.jpg
171KB, 1453x964px
Why didnt France and the UK declare war on Russia, and just on Germany?
>>
They could only realistically beat one, and Germany had pissed them off a lot more.

Besides, you have to go through Germany to get to Russia.
>>
>>2087662
Because the western governments were packed with (((communist sympathisers)))
>>
>>2087662

Because the Soviet Union, up until 1939, didn't have a huge record of breaking promises within 2 years of making them.

Germany had made itself a mad dog in the international stage. The USSR was much more cautious and opportunistic with its expansionism.
>>
>>2087662

They had cause w/ Germany via pacts w/ Poland. The Soviet Union up until that time had been politically staunchly anti-expansionist.
>>
File: goldenlel.jpg (114KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
goldenlel.jpg
114KB, 900x900px
>be american
>scuttle home
>>
There were plans, but the Winter War was over before they could come to anything:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-British_plans_for_intervention_in_the_Winter_War

It is important to remember that, even though the initial setbacks for the Soviets were highly embarrassing, the Winter War was nevertheless a relatively quick victory.
>>
>>2087662

Britain and France had openly planned to send expeditionary forces to Scandinavia (to aid mainly against Germany) but its also the main reason Stalin concluded the Moscow Peace in March 1940 instead of taking all of Finland.

https://books.google.com/books?id=AdMCWWa_BlkC&pg=PA79#v=onepage&q&f=false
>>
Germany lied
People died
>>
>>2087662
France and Britain lived right next to Germany who was going all "i want to be the overlord of europe now". Being neighbors and the current overlords of europe, it was a bit more important to get rid of Germany first. While the Soviets were a danger, they were a distant danger.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.