[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Hungary during ww2 I understand they were allied with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: hungary.jpg (41KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
hungary.jpg
41KB, 403x403px
What did Hungary during ww2
I understand they were allied with Germany but what did they actually do
>>
>>2083636
Exported their Jews to the Reich's labor camps for the cause.
>>
>>2083636
Give troops to the eastern front, try really hard to make their own equipment but be 99% equipped with German stuff anyway, pretend their government weren't German puppets, export Jews to Germany, get raped by commies like all of Germany's allies.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>2083636
An entire army was devastated in Operation Little Saturn and Budapest was fucked up completely over the course of 50 days which according to Antony Bevor was compounded by the Soviet soldiers who "Showed no pity to the Hungarian women when Malinovsky gave them a free run of the capital in celebration of their victory."

For all of this they retained their 1920 borders.
>>
>>2083636
There were attempts to negotiate with the Allies a surrender and switch sides, but Germany quickly intervened with Operation Panzerfaust.
>>
File: turan.jpg (80KB, 800x458px) Image search: [Google]
turan.jpg
80KB, 800x458px
I admire that Hungarians tried to make their own stuff, even though lot of it was just licences they tried to replace parts with indogenous ones and upgrade some.

The turan tank is based on Czech T-21 prototypes, replaced the engine, guns and extended its armour.
>>
File: 44M_Tas.jpg (62KB, 700x554px) Image search: [Google]
44M_Tas.jpg
62KB, 700x554px
The 44M Tas was however to be a completely indogenous design, with the exception of using the Panther's 75mm gun.

Its basically a Hungarian cheapo version of the Panther with some design ideas from the T-34.

Although since Hungarians couldn't develope and build a large enough engine for it in time it was to be powered by two engines, same ones that the Turan used, I imagine that'd led to numerous mechanical difficulties.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.