[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I found out that Russians are still butthurt about Napoleon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: crrd.jpg (286KB, 964x1256px) Image search: [Google]
crrd.jpg
286KB, 964x1256px
Today I found out that Russians are still butthurt about Napoleon
What the fucking hell, how can you unironically be butthurt about a war that happened 200 years ago and that you won at the end?
Sure Nappy humiliated the Russians for a decade, but they won eventually, so why the buttpain?

Can't believe these faggots call us "butthurt belt" because we're still mad at what they did to us a few decades ago while they themselves are butthurt about stuff that happened centuries ago
>>
Historical myths influence contemporary culture.

Whoda thunk it
>>
>>2080115
>What the fucking hell, how can you unironically be butthurt about a war that happened 200 years ago and that you won at the end?
But Russian history started in 1917.
>>
File: 1444243671404.png (330KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1444243671404.png
330KB, 330x319px
>Napoleon was a coward
>Tsar Alexander was very brave

Is it opposite day?
Where was the brave tsar when Friedland and Borodino were fought?
>>
>>2080115
People are still but hurt about Constantinople. Hell I'm still but hurt about Constantinople
>>
>>2080115

Then you will be amazed after learning about 100YW and Internet.
>>
>>2080202
Brits are buttblasted about it but then again they lost
Meanwhile the Russian in the OP is butthurt about a war his country won
>>
>>2080115
>Russians are retards

More news at 11
>>
>>2080160
>Russian history ended in 1917
ftfy
>>
>>2080115
How come being opinionated about something automatically counts as "butthurt" on imageboards, it's the most retarded fucking meme ever.

>Africa is underdeveloped
>LOL WHY SO BUTTHURT ABOUT AFRICA
>>
>>2080327
Have you read the post of the Russian dude in the OP
If that's not butthurt then butthurt doesnt exist
>>
>>2080115
Every Russian I've ever met thought that napoleon was a great general specifically because he was one of the few people to get as far as he did. Im sure that Russians from the war didnt think so, but to my knowledge he is more revered than hated in russia.
>>
File: 01-confederate-flag-facts.jpg (167KB, 2400x1599px) Image search: [Google]
01-confederate-flag-facts.jpg
167KB, 2400x1599px
Can't you say the same about USA and civil war? It was 200 years ago, why this losers flag is even popular today?
>>
>>2080115
link?
>>
>>2081402
The Confederate flag is just a "I'm not like those liberals in the city" thing.

Then again, Russians are probably mad about Napoleon as a reaction to tensions with the EU.
>>
>>2081449
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k97nvOSBDnk

He's sperging out all over the comments
>>
>>2081469
This one russian is probably a larper of the highest caliber. Probably even the "monarchist". In general the only thing that can make common people mad about Napoleon is to say that Russians lost battle of the Borodino which is like most known of the all.
>>
>>2081469
No a lot of it is butthurt
>>
>>2080115

They had to literally burn down their entire capital to win.
>>
>>2080197
Seriously, Nappy nearly died a few times while retreating from Moscow on a fucking sled, eating frozen horse corpses and trying to avoid getting bushwhacked by Russians.
>>
>>2080115
English are still pretty mad about the Norman invasion and the vikings
>>
File: 10sg.jpg (395KB, 1122x1175px) Image search: [Google]
10sg.jpg
395KB, 1122x1175px
>>2081532
Yeah, Napoleon was anything but a coward
At some point he got ambushed with a small party by the cossacks, with enemies a dozen of meters from him, yet he didnt lose his calm

Meanwhile, the brave Tsar Alexander shat himself at Austerlitz despite never even having an enemy within sight range and got traumatized so hard by it he couldnt show up on a battlefield again until Leipzig a decade later (and even then he remained at the extreme rear)
>>
File: 15687465vcd-gnv18.jpg (158KB, 550x613px) Image search: [Google]
15687465vcd-gnv18.jpg
158KB, 550x613px
Napoleon was such a living god that his mere presence made 60,000 Russians renounce to attack a few thousands troops out of fear
>>
>>2081623
Aprocryphal as fuck
>>
>>2081847
Not him, but I read a very similar account of things like that happening in Captain Coignet's memoirs
>>
File: Y1h.jpg (117KB, 524x411px) Image search: [Google]
Y1h.jpg
117KB, 524x411px
>>2081847
Except not at all
Napoleon's ambush by the cossacks at Gorodnya is well documented and has been represented by many Russian artists
>>
>>2081850
Making Napoleon out to be a brave hero is a deception.

Alexander was the commander of Russia and he outsmarted Napoleon despite all boneys "bravery"
>>
File: stealing russian apes.png (79KB, 1418x544px) Image search: [Google]
stealing russian apes.png
79KB, 1418x544px
>>2080115
>Russians crying about robbing
It's fucking Russian history in a nutshell to rob their neighbours from everything.

Dumb cunts.
>>
>>2081867
He didn't outsmart Napoleon at all, he never won a battle and there is no proof that he ordered the burning of Moscow at all - which is what defeated him.
>>
>>2081879
>He didn't outsmart Napoleon at all,
Yet the grand armie was all but destroyed, and Napoleons power was markedly reduced, by a guy who never faught him.
>>
>>2081889
He couldn't outsmart him if he was not involved in the campaign at all. He let his generals do all the work and thinking for him.
>>
>>2081867
>Alexander was the commander of Russia and he outsmarted Napoleon despite all boneys "bravery"

Except that is it really was Kutuzov
You know, the man that this spoiled brat of a tsar blamed for his own failure at Austerlitz
Quite ironic
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.