[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Australia do during WWII? What would have happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0816.jpg (58KB, 188x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0816.jpg
58KB, 188x288px
What did Australia do during WWII?

What would have happened if the Japanese invade Mainland Australia?
>>
>>2077512
Japs would've been rearfucked
>>
>>2077512
>What would have happened if the Japanese invade Mainland Australia?
the brisbane line.
>>
Mostly, they tried to fight off the Japs in places like Papua New Guinea.

Presumably the Japanese would have overextended their supply lines and ultimately lost whatever forces that committed to the campaign.
>>
>>2077512
>What did Australia do during WWII?
Mostly did poorly in the East Indies and got cucked on the homefront by U.S. servicemen on liberty. They got so upset about getting cucked they started multiple riots over it which caused all non-naval American personnel to be forced out of Australia and stuck in shitholes like Pavuvu so they'd stop Chadding the Aussie women.
>>
>Fought the Japanese in Asia and pacific theatre
>Fought Germany and Italy in North Africa
>Fought in the Mediterranean theatre
>Helped liberate Greece alongside the British, Greeks and New Zealanders
>Participated in the invasion of Italy
I don't know how much Australia fought on the western front if at all really, certinely fought against Italy and Germany a lot in the Mediterranean stuff like Africa, Malta and Greece
>>
>>2077512
I doubt the japs ever had the capacity to invade mainland Australia. They did manage to bomb Darwin (shithole northern town) and send subs to Sydney. But they never even took all of PNG, they would have needed that and more to even think about invading. They probably would have been happy containing Aus and incapacitating it so they could do more shit in Asia.
>>
>>2077678
>They probably would have been happy containing Aus and incapacitating it so they could do more shit in Asia
That was the plan, to use Guadalcanal and Rabaul as bases to cut off Australia since they could effectively cut it off. The U.S. fucked that plan up pretty hard by taking Guadalcanal and helping Straya retake Rabaul.
>>
>>2077626

Kek. My father fought in Vietnam and went to Australia for r&r. He said he met some chick there, tfw I could have an aussie sibling.
>>
>>2077512
fought from the start, served with Royal Navy and got bumtapped in Malaya and (i think) Burma

inflicted first land defeat of nips in PNG (Kokoda Trail) although that coincided with Guadalcanal

then Seppos let them do mop up operations as the Allies started island hopping

my pop fixed tanks in PNG but never talked about the war, although my dad reckons he saw some dead bodies that had been cannibalised by the nips

other than that, fought in africa (tobruk is the big 'un), middle east, mediterranean and italy, helped out the poms, but all the euro involvement was stopped after the japs got too close

also their best general was a jew

>>2077635
think it extends to RAF pilots
>>
>>2077512
if Japan invaded Australia they would have been rooted, Australia is about the same size as Europe/continental US and is mostly desert and contains shitposting emus
>>
>>2077512
Japan could conquer Australia after full absorbation of China - about 1950. The joke is Australia still doomed to become Chinese - about 2050. Big delay for man, but little for history.
>>
>>2077512
The Japanese would of beaten the Australians, but the Emu's would of driving them off.
>>
>>2077512
Japanese had about 5 divisions to spare for their entire Southern Strategy, and they could barely supply Java and Burma. Do the math.
>>
>>2077537
>the brisbane line.
Interdasting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brisbane_Line
>>
Bumping for visibility
>>
They would've been overextended even more.
>>
>>2078491
This basically. Japan invading Australia would be roughly comparable to them invading the US. They'd land, hit their first geographical barrier (desert in Australia, the Rocky Mountains in the US), and then be driven out.
>>
>>2077626
>>2077744
i'm not aussie, but these sorts of posts make me cringe

americans sleeping with aussie women was pretty much jap propaganda. only americans like revisionism and like to historically portray themselves as chad.

it's embarassing desu
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.