[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Zoroastrianism or any other ancient Mesopotamian faith influence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: zoroastrianism04.jpg (90KB, 890x790px) Image search: [Google]
zoroastrianism04.jpg
90KB, 890x790px
Did Zoroastrianism or any other ancient Mesopotamian faith influence Abrahamic religion?
>>
>>2077089
Nah, but Zoroastrianism was heavily influenced by Judaism
>>
>>2077097
guaranteed replies
>>
>>2077089
these threads make reasonable bait
>>
>>2077089
it's read Christianity's monotheism was a result of Zoroastrian influence but I'm not authority on the subject
>>
>>2077115
i've*
>>
>if I pretend to be a retard will people give me (you)s?
No no 2077097, not from me ;^)
>>
>>2077123
I believe that Constantine thoroughly demonstrated that Zoroastrianism's monotheism and eschatology came from Judaism.
>>
Too... Strong... Bait... Must... Not... Respond....
>>
>>2077097
Literally predates Judaism, it is believed that Zoroastrianism heavily influenced second temple Judaism.

Interesting facts- Zoroastrianism is considered one of the first ecological religions due to it's veneration and preservation of nature.
Even though it was initially tolerated as dhimmi status the Abbasids used to antagonize the Zoroastrians, up to the point of near extinction. I read one story where the Zoroastrians had just built a tower that was an air temple, and a Muslim climbed up it and did the call to prayer on it, essentially requiring it to be annexed for Islamic use.
>>
File: 217.png (230KB, 500x443px) Image search: [Google]
217.png
230KB, 500x443px
>>2077181
Aaaaand someone took the bait.
>>
>>2077185
Maybe OP wanted to discuss Zoroastrianism. Maybe I wanted to discuss Zoroastrianism.
Maybe 4chan needs to grow up and stop pretending posting misinformation is funny.
>>
Not directly, but in the Roman Empire the cult of Mithra was concurrent to early Christianity
>>
>>2077132
Is Zoroastrianism even related to ancient Mesopotamian Anunaki and stuff?

I think that zoroastrianism migratef from Iran into Mesopotamia.

Idkp
>>
Somewhere between yes and certainly.
>>
>>2077089
>>2077097
>>2077132
>>2077181
Judaism was strongly influenced by Zoroastrianism in views relating to angelology and demonology, and probably also in the doctrine of the resurrection, as well as in eschatological ideas in general, and also that the monotheistic conception of Yhwh may have been quickened and strengthened by being opposed to the dualism or quasi-monotheism of the Persians.

tl;dr talmudist/kabalistic/pharisee judaism is appropriated from pagan babylonans and zoroasterian persians
>>
>>2077876
Blasphemy.
>>
>>2077132
>I believe that Constantine thoroughly demonstrated

I hope your trolling.
>>
>>2077908
>your

Where is Constie?
>>
>>2077884
>Attempting to approach history and anthropology with a religious bias

But why
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.