[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

got any stem friends who will sometimes put on a very patronizing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: open_mind_inside_1479282512.jpg (85KB, 725x481px) Image search: [Google]
open_mind_inside_1479282512.jpg
85KB, 725x481px
got any stem friends who will sometimes put on a very patronizing, slow voice and tell you something completely wrong about history? how do you deal with them? any good stories?
>>
>>2070449

why is it that stemfags never bother with the meta, like an autist staring at the cycles of a washing machine and loving all its mechanics, but never bothers to think about its functional role, or what exactly a washing machine is and isn't. Why is it there, etc. Otherwise it's just data with no realization or comprehension
>>
>>2070464
Why is it that /his/fags give these sweeping generalizations
>inb4 anecdotal evidence
>>
>>2070491

yeah well I bet you're an autist, huh huh, uh what you gonna do buddie?
>>
>>2070496
idk, go masturbate or something
>>
Anyone studying stem, business, finance, law and those kinds of things generally has a good grasp of history and doesn't overstep their bounds when they have no knowledge of a subject. It is mainly people studying humanities and sketchy majors like drama and african-american studies who have a problem, they always have an agenda and insert it into history like they do with everything else. I have to pull a poker face and try to change the subject before they accuse me of "mansplaining" for correcting some factual error they could look up themselves or something and the mood turns sour.
>>
Are you a retard that needs to have things explained slowly?
>>
>>2070449
My only stemfag friend who's into politics may or may not have homicidal tendencies.
Like talking about killing all muslims, faggots and capitalists.
>>
>>2070812
he probably goes on that stupid 4chan website
>>
>>2070834
No, actually he doesn't.
>>
>>2070843

he may as well
>>
File: 1447160736107.jpg (1013KB, 971x3604px) Image search: [Google]
1447160736107.jpg
1013KB, 971x3604px
>>2070536
this basically. I've found that STEM kids have a greater depth of knowledge, while arts kids are the ones who'll make... um... sweeping generalizations about things they don't understand.

as a science/arts double major, it pisses me off that we're even having this debate. the two are definitely intertwined. see comic
>>
>>2070856
True. I tried to show him /pol/ once, he wasn't interested tho. Who know, he might be on /pol/ but he doesn't talk about it.
>>2070536
>law
If only.
It's far better than pol-sci, but if a fellow lawfag wants to push an agenda, (s)he will not back off, and will try to find any argument that supports their point of view.
>>
>>2070868
That comic was actually pretty inspirational
Too bad I'm probably not going to do anything about it
>>
>>2070914
no my friend! write a shitty blog post, do khan academy
>>
a lot of non-STEM students are either subjective as fuck or just B and C-tier thinkers anyway, hence dodging a difficult major

That's why we have all of these retards in the humanities fucking our society up
>>
>>2070922
Once I'm done with other work, I'll pick up learning Haskell again like I've been meaning to for the past few weeks
>>
>>2070449
I'm a STEM fag and most of the people who I meet who make wrong historical statements or Commies who I either see around campus or are in model UN
>>
>>2070944
*are
>>
Same here majority of people who are interested in history while they are studying concrete sciences usually know more and are more objective than most students who study history as a chore.
t. stemfag
>>
stemfag here and ive noticed most other stemfags on my campus either dont care one bit about history, philosophy, etc. or they just go along with the status quo

ive noticed that the humanities people are either well respecting of stem fields and appreciate them or theyre rabid SJWs who think "drumpf" is "textbook fascism" and shit
>>
>>2070944

i actually kind of suspect that all intelligent /his/fags are probably just STEMfags that do /his/ as a hobby.
>>
File: 1480828239421.jpg (170KB, 900x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1480828239421.jpg
170KB, 900x1250px
>>2071062
Probably, most people who I find make broad, sweeping, and incorrect statements on history seem to have some political agenda, like /pol/ fags or SJW commies. STEM fags who have history as a hobby or people who actually specialize in history tend to be more intelligent based on the fact that they actually make honest statements on what they know about history. If they don't know it for certain, they give a professional opinion if pried or tell you where you can actually get correct information from.
>>
>>2070944
are you me
>>
File: 1480850711820.jpg (852KB, 1558x1685px) Image search: [Google]
1480850711820.jpg
852KB, 1558x1685px
>>2071114
MUN is fun breh.
>>
>>2071114
>implying i wasn't at ChoMUN two years ago
>>
>>2070868
This is what liberal arts majors were supposed to combat. But people have basically just associated it with women's studies for some stupid reason
>>
Interesting to read about how History is seen and spoke about in the US.

In Europe, I think it's quite different due to the strong academic traditions that European countries have in the discipline. I have studied in Germany and Britain, and there humanities subjects (in the top unis anyway) are mostly studied by legitimate academic , passionate students. There is little agenda pushing. The STEM students mostly have no interest in the humanities though, and vice versa.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.