[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw life hardened citizen in Rome Every time I feel bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: br.jpg (2MB, 4096x3230px) Image search: [Google]
br.jpg
2MB, 4096x3230px
>tfw life hardened citizen in Rome

Every time I feel bad about life, I look at the so called "noblemen" and the decedent senatorial class and it makes me feel a bit better about myself.

Pic related, Berytus 416 rhetorical class. Do any of these kids look like Augustus or Constantine to you? The entire Rome-Constantinopolitan Mediterranean "elite" is nothing but corrupt bureaucrats who're very good at getting tax exemptions for doing what they're told. Even the honest ones reek of weakness, and if Stilicho, a fucking nobody Vandal provincial, can out maneuver these inbreeds, imagine what a man of fire and will could do.

I've already memed the Arian worship on this wall into existence (at least, I've been talking about dispute about the divinity of Christ on this mural for years, and now I'll see entire bricks basically echoing the points I've previously made), so I can rest easy knowing I've already made some mark on the ecumene, but when I take political power and annex Garamantia, great times will be had.
>>
>>2069544
I've alerted the Legion
>>
>>2069544
Have we started the pyre?
>>
I always wanted to live as a rich man in Rome. And not just because there'd be plenty of slave poontang. Granted, that is the primary reason. Would they think I was odd for only fucking women?
>>
>>2069624
you have a better life than they had even as the poor white trash piece of shit you probably are.
>>
File: Italy-Ravenna-Neonian1-850x531.jpg (296KB, 850x531px) Image search: [Google]
Italy-Ravenna-Neonian1-850x531.jpg
296KB, 850x531px
>>2069544
Arian Christianity is pretty blessed desu.
>>
>>2069630
sorry bro but you're dumb

hate to break it to you
>>
>>2069630
>tfw no slave harem to fuck
>>
>>2069624
>Would they think I was odd for only fucking women?
They'd probably think you're some kind of sissy.
>>
>>2069644
Dude, you are less likely to be assassinated or die from a disease that is easily cured or managed today. You most likely won't have to see your children die. You've learned more of the globe from passive exposure than they ever could learn if they tried.
>>
I wonder if they were insecure about barbarian men fucking their women the way some white men are insecure about black and Arabs fucking their women now.
>>
>>2069630
>anon talks about slave poontang
>gets triggered and calls anon white trash

Shoo shoo nigger
>>
>>2069722
Most people would take those risks for some power and wealth. People these days take the whole progress meme a little too far.
>>
>>2069734
Most people play safe and steady. It's why they don't move up much.

Living dictators enjoy better lives than those ancient dictators did, and they were at least as powerful and wealthy. If anything, the cap on power and wealth as moved up due to technological prowess - there are ways to level mountains, speak to the whole globe, go higher or deeper than ever before.

What you really want is status. You feel the need to compare yourself to others and thus this fantasy in which you are an ancient aristocrat lording over mostly illiterate, destitute, desperate masses is attractive.
>>
>>2069728
Romans knew that women chase their fun up until late in menaupose. When a roman comes back to his home, form come trip, he sends a guy to precisely tell the wife that he arrrives soon, so that she wont let her currrent lover stay and the roman wont see him.
>>
>>2069775
>Most people play safe and steady. It's why they don't move up much.
In real everyday life where there is actual risk, then yes. This is a hypothetical scenario.

>What you really want is status
I guess

>You feel the need to compare yourself to others and thus this fantasy in which you are an ancient aristocrat lording over mostly illiterate, destitute, desperate masses is attractive.
Yes status and power is attractive. why does that concept make you so hostile?
>>
is this going to be another thread where /his/ tries to convince me a modern day poorfag that I have a better life than Roman patricians because of deodorant and ice cream?
>>
>>2069790
Why do I seem hostile to you?
>>
>>2069812
Trying to analyze someone over a hypothetical seems to be an overreach if not hostile or aggressive.
>>
>>2069722
Its a matter of quality vs quantity. As a roman patrician you would live 45-50 years like a goddamn king. As a modern regular dude you would live 80-90 years as a pleb.
>>
>>2069556
the fire rises citizen
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.