[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did wrestling become so big in turkic and mongolian cultures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: wrestling.jpg (270KB, 1300x951px) Image search: [Google]
wrestling.jpg
270KB, 1300x951px
Why did wrestling become so big in turkic and mongolian cultures?
What does the steppe environment do that stimulates that?
>>
because all they did is fight? i mean these guys lived in a culture where a couple of years of peace meant that the khan was weak, obviosly all theyre going to train and focus on is fighting.
>>
>>2069412
It was big everywhere. I'd be interested to know why it diminished in Europe but it was still very common and well explored by the early renaissance. I guess Pugilism and to a lesser extent fencing took grew to dominate the martial arts scene in Europe too much.

Wrestlings great and take no equipment whatsoever so other than tutelage it's completely free.
>>
>>2069412
It is important to know turks and mongols probably get it from greeks. Also greeks were homo they did it naked.
>>
>>2069412

one of the reasons is cause they were so macho, another is cause in siberia the climate is so cold you only realy get to eat meat most of the year and controled physical exertion such as wrestling literaly helps you take a shit at the end of the day, but othervise cause its so macho
>>
File: 1217183674sabannn.jpg (49KB, 576x600px) Image search: [Google]
1217183674sabannn.jpg
49KB, 576x600px
Ottomans were wrestling before the conquest to entertain soldiers.
first wrestling matches in Kırkpınar were held in 1360, during the early rule of the Ottomans in Anatolia

Even there is a Myth. 2 very stong wrestlers for 40 days nonstop. They eventually died
>>
>>2069489
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_wrestling
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.