[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about the Germanic inheritors of Rome? Why do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Can we talk about the Germanic inheritors of Rome?
Why do they not get a lot of attention? Was it just because they adopted currently established Roman infrastructure and just ruled over it like Germanic kings?
>>
Why Odoacres didn't just became the emperor?
>>
File: 1480538733829.png (4MB, 1778x2014px) Image search: [Google]
1480538733829.png
4MB, 1778x2014px
>>
>>2055518
>Why do they not get a lot of attention?
It was a period of time called the dark ages
>>
>>2055518
Well because only three Frank's and the Anglo Saxons had any long term influence.
>>
>>2055518
Shit map desu

Burgundians were conquered way before the Suebians, Bavarians, and Saxons. Also, the Goths only possessed the Marquisat of Gothie at that time not Provence.
>>
>>2055594
This it seems, Visigoths and Vandals got fucked over by the moors, Ostrogoths got fucked by the ERE, the Celts gradually lost influence in GB, eastern europe tribes got fucked over by migrants, and the Volkerwanderung and Vikings screwed over most northern tribes. Basques still exist I think, but not as political group, Anglo-Saxons got screwed by Vikings then by Normans (Although, now they are pretty influental). The only kingdom that really didn't get fucked over were the Franks, but they eventually split.
>>
>>2055800
>not as political group
fucking /his/
>>
>>2055807
I think he meant that there isnt a political entity uniting all Basques.In Spain, Basque country is autonomous but in France they are just another minority cucked by Paris.
>>
>>2055518
Romanphiles like to simply gloss over it as the dark ages knowing that given more focus than absolutely necessarily people will learn it really was their so beloved byzantines that brought the dark ages into Italy with their destructive and in the end pointless wars.
>>
>>2055842
True but the last wave of ETA attacks is like what, 8 years ago?
>>
>>2055529
He viewed himself as such. Modern historians just never recognized him.
>>
>>2055807
I mean, I suppose it would be more accurate to say, not politically relevant.
I'm not denying that they had any relevance though, but in terms of modern influence there doesn't seem to be much.
>>
>>2055518
Fugging Germanics not able to hold an empire together.
>>
The fact that no Germanic pirate kingdom in North Africa survived into the middle ages saddens me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.