[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The other I was reading about Charles the V and what stroke me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Charles V.jpg (25KB, 340x281px) Image search: [Google]
Charles V.jpg
25KB, 340x281px
The other I was reading about Charles the V and what stroke me was how lucky he was to gain the Spanish throne as he was the 4th person in the succesion line. I was wondering how much would have Europe changed if either Juan or Miguel would have survived.
If Juan survived:
>Spain would have kept its alliance with the Habsburgs for the Italian wars
>Francis claim to the HRE would become stronger as Charles wouldn't have the financial muscle that he had in the other timeline
>In either case Francis wouldn't have been so agressive towards Spain and the Habsburghs are they wouldn't be a single force.
>In any case protestantism wouldn't have spreaded that much as Francis would be the emperor or wouldn't ally himself with the protestant kings as there was no need
>France may be able to keep Milan/Lombardy in this timeline.
>Spain wouldn't have been involved in as many wars and would mostly focus on colonization,building and army and fighting the Ottomans.
>Assuming that Juan would follow Ferdinand's policies Spain may would have been able to grow a strong manufacturing sector as they wouldn't own Flanders and grow a bigger navy.
>This may have ended in Spain hitting the industrial revolution a in a couple of centuries.
>England colonial ambitions would move straigth to India as Spain's navy was too big for them to compete in America.
>France would expand through the HRE as the Spanish and Habsburgh aliance would be weaker each generation and the fact that Charles would have fewer resources to fight the Ottomans
If Miguel survived
>Something similar to Juan's timeline would happen + the union with Portugal
>This would mean that Miguel may have grown an interest in India due him having the right to colonize it due Tordesillas + the increase of resources as he now owns Castille as well.
Is my alternate history feasable or am I missing something?
>>
>>2054953
It was hardly unique, considering the infant mortality rates in the pre-industrial world.
>>
Reads like an Europa Universalis AAR.
>>
>>2055039
Juana was the heir and she was declared incapable of rulling. Charles getting the throne was pretty fucking lucky. Juan died when he was 16 he was not a child.
>>2055041
What is Europa Universalis?
>>
>>2055046
Many such cases
William Adelin
Sancho Alfonsez
William, duke of Gloucester
Philippe de Rouvres
Meinhard III von Tirol

and so on
>>
>>2054953

Pretty much. But I assume France would have still tried to vassalize the Burgundian realm. Charles V' father, Phillip of Burgundy had been considering becoming a vassal of France.

The protestant thing is blur. Had Francis become the Emperor he definetely would have fought them. If not, it's unclear to me. I guess it would have depended on the Burgundian situation; if going feasible, he could have made a deal with the Vienna Habsburg, if going not so feasible he probably would have supported the german protestant princes.
>>
>>2055149
>Phillip of Burgundy had been considering becoming a vassal of France.
I think that Phillip was de facto a vassal of France. Francis almost chimped out against him because his wife didn't kneel before him.
>>
>>2055172
Based Juana
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.