[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please stop lumping those of us born 80-81 into entitled filthy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1430436986378.jpg (78KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
1430436986378.jpg
78KB, 600x797px
Please stop lumping those of us born 80-81 into entitled filthy swill Millennials. I'm not one.

1981 is the latest date used for Generation X by reliable and established researchers such as Strauss and Howe (who coined the term "Millennial" in the first place). The Class of 2000 has always been the special graduating class because they were the Millennials, the first class of the New Millennium. There was a lot of expectation for that graduating class. Graduating in 1999, that's all we heard, we were the LAST of Gen X, and media and news programs commented on the Millennials and a New Beginning who would show up next year. That has always been the case.

Read the numerous articles on the Class of 2000 and the Millennials. Born 1980-81 are NOT Millennials/Gen Y. The term Millennials refers to those from the Class of 2000 (born 1982) and later and then goes up to 1995-97 or so, up until they get too young to remember 9/11. It has always been so. The dates for Gen X are 1965-1981, period.

Thank you for your time.
>>
>>2054053
millennial = anybody who reach adulthood in the new millennial. the age depends on the laws from the country the person lives in.
>>
millenials are actually people who born in the new millennium, that is 2000+
>>
>Joel (((Stein)))
>>
>>2054053
I was born in 1988 but since my parents were babyboomers and Generation X is the generation after them, I'm Generation X and not a Millenial and there's nothing you can do about it you fucking faggot.
>>
>>2054053
>please don't use a defined term toward me because I say so
>>
>>2054225
>>2054189
Listen here. Strauss and Howe, the folks who coined the term in the first place and wrote books about millennials, explicitly said the starting date is 1982. In high school in 1999, I constantly heard that we were the LAST of Gen X, and media and news programs commented on the Millennials and a New Beginning who were the graduating class of 2000, or the first graduating class of the new MILLENNIum.

Recent sources like Pew Research Center, Time magazine, and NYTimes have gooned up the whole idea by beginning Millennials in 1980-81, when that was NEVER meant to be the case. They are lying to you.
>>
if you're 35 it is time to leave 4chan
>>
>>2054053
Whose cares it's a stupid arbitrary label. I really hate the way the idea generations makes us group people in distinct groups. Every generations is spectrum.
>>
>>2054053
>the people born December 31st 1981 are significantly different from those born Jan 1st 1982

Wow, really makes you think.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.