[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did this retarded ''spear is not good in 1v1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1246374-ares_by_genzoman.jpg (37KB, 459x640px) Image search: [Google]
1246374-ares_by_genzoman.jpg
37KB, 459x640px
Where did this retarded ''spear is not good in 1v1 combat'' meme came from? Aside from the fact that they can simply change the grip if someone comes too close even when they use it with a shield the ''just go past the pointy end lmao'' is retarded because first of all the guy still can take a few steps back as the retard tries to close the distance and second since spear was the most common melee wepaon in history there is a huge chance his opponent has a spear on his own so why would he go ''hurr this retarded charge wouldn't work against me but hopefully my enemy has down's syndrome so I'm gonna rush him''?

Also this ''spear is a peasant's weapon'' is stupid as well because mercenaries, knights, samurai, Immortals, hoplites were all proffesionals yet used them not to mention Ares and Odin had spears and gods obviously don't use shit weapons.
>>
>>2052720
why do you love spears so much?
>>
>>2052734
Because spears and polearms were the main weapons of infantry and other shit like axes, swords, maces and warhammers were mere sidearms in case something went horribly wrong.
>>
>>2052720
>is retarded because first of all the guy still can take a few steps back as the retard tries to close the distance

Think about that for a second.
>>
Not very versed on ancient/medieval warfare here, but didn't most soldiers fight in formations, with people behind them? I'd think that would make it harder to just take a few steps back or even change the grip without wracking the dude behind you
>>
Me and my bros made wooden weapons when we were a kid and the kid who made a spear fucking obliterated everyone. We had to slap so much house rules on that shit.
>>
File: 1778416.png (672KB, 849x478px) Image search: [Google]
1778416.png
672KB, 849x478px
>"Why would anyone use a spear, it's a totally useless weapon. If somebody with a sword comes close to you and attacks, you won't be able to defend yourself with your spear because it's so long and unwieldy, you would have to ditch it and draw your sword. Also remember that scabbards for spears don't exist so you would have to constantly hold your spear with your hands even when you're not fighting, which is pretty inconvenient."
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.