[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/In donesian_invasion_of_

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1452365808035.jpg (8KB, 235x250px) Image search: [Google]
1452365808035.jpg
8KB, 235x250px
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_invasion_of_East_Timor

>"I saw intelligence that came from hard, firm sources in East Timor. There were people being herded into school buildings and set on fire. There were people herded into fields and machine-gunned. ... We knew the place was a free-fire zone and that Suharto was given the green light by the United States to do what he did. We sent the Indonesian generals everything that you need to fight a major war against somebody who doesn't have any guns. We sent them rifles, ammunition, mortars, grenades, food, helicopters. You name it; they got it. ... None of that got out in the media. No one gave a damn. It is something that I will be forever ashamed of. The only justification I ever heard for what we were doing was the concern that East Timor was on the verge of being accepted as a new member of the United Nations and there was a chance that the country was going to be either leftist or neutralist and not likely to vote [with the United States] at the UN.[80]

What is the difference between the US Government and a terrorist organization again?
>>
>>2051247
>t-they made lampshades out of us!
Why would a smaller, weaker country dependent on a larger nation for help lie about the extent to the conditions they were subject to? What possible reason would they have to falsify information of international sympathy?
>>
>>2051258
>100k people didn't die they were lying lmao

Americlaps are this delusional
>>
>>2051247
Nothing. That's why we need to get rid of the government.
>>
Babby's first Chomsky book.

He obviously never mentions he atrocities committed by USSR-supported regimes, so you end up thinking that what the U.S. did during the Cold War was unique.
>>
>>2051247
>What is the difference between ANY Government and a terrorist organization again?
FTFY
>>
>>2051247
>Indonesia committed genocide
>The thing to take away from this is how evil the US is.

And this is why everyone hates the left. Yes, the US bears some secondary responsibility for what happened in East Timor. But Indonesia is by far the most guilty party here, and if you want to use the invasion of East Timor solely as an example of how terrible the US is then you're either saying that brown people can't be held responsible for their actions and that everything has to be blamed on the white man, or you're just admitting that you're blatantly bigoted against the US.
>>
>>2051360
>saying that brown people can't be held responsible for their actions

That's exactly how Noam Chomsky acts.

If the U.S. sells guns to a regime, and the regime use this guns to murder innocent people, the fault lies with the U.S., because they installed mind control devices in the guns or something...
>>
>>2051360
>>2051360
>sell someone a gun who you know is going to use kill someone
>they use it to kill someone
>wtf how am I in the wrong???

t. american dog
>>
e d g y
>>
>>2051703
Why do you think guns exist?
>>
>>2051247
Amount of public support
>>
>>2051258
>half of the population dying was just made up!
>>
>>2052960
Exactly. So why did the US provide them with weapons?
>>
>>2051360
That's not what happened. The US government actively helped Indonesia commit massacres.
>>
File: 'Murica.png (43KB, 1861x363px) Image search: [Google]
'Murica.png
43KB, 1861x363px
>That's exactly how Noam Chomsky acts.
That's how all the left acts in America. And they do it because they don't genuinely care in the slightest if some third worlders get slaughtered. All they care about is having ammunition to throw at the American right. Their take on Americas global actions really has nothing to do with the rest of the world. It's just a thinly veiled proxy for their domestic political struggle.

>>2051703
>t. american dog
nope. Why do you think I despise Americans viewing the rest of the world through the lens of their domestic political debates?

I really think that a lot of the problems in the world to day are caused by the fact that the country whose opinions carry the greatest weight globally is so solipsistic that it is incapable of understanding anything that happens outside its own borders, at least not on any level other than a severely over-simplified re-hash of some American political trend.
>>
>>2051247
More like East Tumor lmao
>>
>>2051703
We only sold them shit, we're not responsible for what did they with it. Are Indonesians animals with no agency or something?
>>
>>2051247

When will we do this to Israel?
>>
File: bc8.png (190KB, 592x385px) Image search: [Google]
bc8.png
190KB, 592x385px
>>2053048
Maybe the "moderate rebels" we're arming in Syria will do that some day
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.