[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this is the board for this thread, but I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

Not sure if this is the board for this thread, but I'll post it anyway.

I'm making a science-fantasy setting and I want to know more about schizophrenia and numerous personality disorders. Is there any good books or resources to read about this that won't be too complex to understand? I'm more interested in how it effects someone's behaviour and thought rather than cause and treatment.
>>
All you need to know is the order of disorders:
>Autism
>Depersonalization
>Depression
>Derealization
>Anxiety
>Paranoia
>Schizophrenia

And try to keep in mind that Autism is not an actual disorder. It's the cure, and is about to be re-classified as actual "Personalization", any time now. Hopefully.
>>
File: maternal vs paternal genes.png (28KB, 446x518px) Image search: [Google]
maternal vs paternal genes.png
28KB, 446x518px
>>2049881
>Is there any good books or resources to read about this that won't be too complex to understand?
Check out the imprinted brain theory. There's a blog of it and a book.
It is about the autism spectrum and the schizophrenia spectrum (including bipolar disorder).
I think the blog is slightly better as the book, you can find it at psychologytoday (a shit site but this particular blog is good).

Picture related from the book.
>>
File: Autism-stacking-cans_2nd_edit.jpg (225KB, 409x559px) Image search: [Google]
Autism-stacking-cans_2nd_edit.jpg
225KB, 409x559px
>I'm more interested in how it effects someone's behaviour and thought rather than cause and treatment.
When you see it, you will understand. Not that many words are necessary. source: wikipedia
>>
File: IMG22.png (64KB, 418x930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG22.png
64KB, 418x930px
Another picture, though maybe not exactly what you look for. It is extremely biological.
>>
File: weaponised_autism.png (53KB, 738x564px) Image search: [Google]
weaponised_autism.png
53KB, 738x564px
This might be more related to your request.
>>
>This might be more related to your request.
Yah, so if my tooth hurts, I should wonder whether it is actually my head that hurts. And then proceed to remove it accordingly. Or make it even quicker. Who knows.
>>
File: tendencies.png (38KB, 440x510px) Image search: [Google]
tendencies.png
38KB, 440x510px
The imprinted brain theory talks of two kinds of cognitive styles (for a lack of a better word) mentalistic and mechanistic. Here are the tendencies of both, though this was the part of the book I was a bit skeptical of.
I would be less skeptical if it talked of tendencies instead of charasteristics.

Also can't find personal charasteristics of schizophrenics (and those with bipolar disorder), I think that was one of the disappointments with the book. Because, I have bipolar disorder so would like to learn if it impacts my personality or behaviour outside of mania and depression.
>>
>Because, I have bipolar disorder so would like to learn if it impacts my personality or behaviour outside of mania and depression.
Basically, as with all cases of BPD, you should consider avoiding epileptic seizures (status epilepticus) and ask for professional medical advice in regards to the possibility of experiencing, through prescribed medication, anything similar, or at least related, to a LSD trip. But first, you should read all you can about LSD, assuming you haven't done it already.
>>
>>2050096
I used to have epileptic seizures in my youth kek, so yes I am avoiding them.
But why on earth would I want to try LSD? With all due respect are you high?
>>
>But why on earth would I want to try LSD? >With all due respect are you high?
Used to be. But with all due respect, if I get to read one more suicide lyric in regards to autism, so help me, I am going to do something about it.
As for LSD, you either haven't done it, or didn't read about it. Which is rather strange for someone with non-imaginary BPD. I used to be manic-depressive too until, similar to a BPD lab rat in social maze, I found my cure. You should probably do the same, but ask for professional help first. As for getting high, I hear it can prevent Stage I Brain Cancer, assuming it is done right.
>>
>>2049881
I would go to /lit for more
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.