[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>labor for centuries over the gaudiest buildings on earth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Vatican_Altar_2.jpg (303KB, 1280x697px) Image search: [Google]
Vatican_Altar_2.jpg
303KB, 1280x697px
>labor for centuries over the gaudiest buildings on earth in dedication to a religion founded by a man who lived in modesty and preached anti-materialism
What did Christianity mean by this?
>>
>>2048767
Catholics aren't Christian
>>
Seriously looks beautiful though. Absolutely breathtaking to see in person.
>>
>>2048767
The average pleb likes shiny things more than words
>>
>>2048773
epic
>>
>>2048767
it´s a terrible thing to inspire and refine the arts, really
>>
>>2048782
You know it's true
>>
Beauty is good
God loves beauty
To be beautiful is to be godly
>>
>>2048792
So i should listen to the succubi that keep bugging me?
>>
>>2048791
Nope.
>>
>>2048790
Art is irrelevant if you wish to be saved by gods grace
>>
>>2048828
but there has never been a religion without art
>>
>>2048852
It is still irrelevant to christianity, and in fact detracts from reverence to Christ
>>
>>2048767

In a pre-literate society images were a good way to educate the masses.
>>
>>2048767
>Why wasn't this perfume sold and the money given to the poor?

There is nothing wrong with making the house of God beautiful. In fact, it is a good thing.
>>
>>2048828
>grace
HERETIC BURN AT STAke
>>
Images were used to help the peasants remember stories, the cathedrals helped inspire the awe of the Lord
>>
>>2048767
It's meant to give glory to the Lord. You also give to the poor, of course, and try to live your life like Jesus, but if your going to do something, go all the way. All this beauty in the Cathedral is beauty that God allows us to make, and it does an excellent job of conveying the sort of magnificence of God and the beauty he gave humanity the ability to create.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.