[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Nobunaga really took a black man as his retainer ? if so,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Did Nobunaga really took a black man as his retainer ? if so, why did he do that ? Is the story of Yasuke even real ?
>>
File: yasuke.jpg (69KB, 936x884px) Image search: [Google]
yasuke.jpg
69KB, 936x884px
Yasuke was a gift, and accepted by Nobunaga out of curiosity.
>>
>>2041037
Why did people all throughout history take foreign slaves as their retainers?
>>
>>2041037
It's a pretty common story.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roustam_Raza
>>
Basic fucking research shows Yasuke was real and a decent warlord at that.
>>
>>2041085
He was never a warlord.
>>
>>2041063
a mameluke doesn't have to be black, specially if you were born in georgia like that guy
>>
Great story.

>Italian Jesuit
>"Going to Japan!"
>"Will bring my black slave!"
>Oh snap they've never seen one before
>>
File: NanbanGroup.jpg (174KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
NanbanGroup.jpg
174KB, 480x640px
>Nobunaga heard the noise from the temple where he was staying and expressed a desire to see him. Suspecting the black color of his skin to be black ink, Nobunaga had him strip from the waist up and made him scrub his skin.

>In May, Yasuke went with Nobunaga to his castle at Azuchi and popular rumors said he might be ennobled. The diarist Matsudaira Ietada, described him as 6 shaku 2 sun (6 ft. 2 in., or 188 cm.). He was black, and his skin was like charcoal." If so, his tall stature would have been very imposing to the Japanese of the time, even to a tall man like Nobunaga. Matsudaira stated that he was named Yasuke.

How can white samurai even compete?
>>
>>2041048
Considering Yasuke existed 300 years prior to the earliest photograph,I think it's safe to assume that isn't him.
>>
>>2041380
>6 shaku 2 sun (6 ft. 2 in., or 188 cm.)
cool story bro
>>
>>2041063
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zerco
>>
>>2041333
I'm obviously referring to the slave bodyguard aspect, not the black aspect.
>>
Because he was rare, tall, and looked scary.
>>
>>2042626
but he was neither a slave nor black
the man was supposedly one of the best the arabs could get and after the french campaigns around egypt, this guy caught the eye of napoleon and was hired to be part of his personal bodyguard
>>
WE WUZ SAMURAI N SHIET
>>
le afro samurai xd
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.