[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of extra history? I find that they do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 299x168px
What does /his/ think of extra history?

I find that they do a good job of givng basic information on events in an interestinf way. I try not to base my knowledge on them too much though. I also like how they revisit some mistakes they make for each series.
>>
>>2040884
John Green is better.
>>
>>2040884
They're entertaining enough, but I wouldn't base any knowledge off it.
>>
>>2040884
they're more into theatrics than objective fact.

good for those who think history is too dry and boring
>>
>>2040939
That's why I mostly just see it as a story they tell, often about an individual. It obviously ignores a lot of significant events, and doesn't explore historical causality.
>>
>>2040884
from what i've seen, i have to say i like it
the sengoku series were pretty neat
>>
>>2040884
I've found them to be pretty bias.
>>
>>2041308
There's literally nothing wrong with being biased in presenting information that is already tainted with bias (history)

>muh objectivity

Back to STEM with you!
>>
File: 1465516892338.jpg (60KB, 480x486px) Image search: [Google]
1465516892338.jpg
60KB, 480x486px
>>2041308
Elaborate.
>>
>>2041312
>lmao why even have facts like wtf
>>
>>2040884
I really respect them because of the 'lies' videos. Few video producers have the integrity to admit their mistakes, listen to criticism and investigate if they were right or not.
>>
File: trash.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
trash.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>2040884
>the gold standard is bad
>>
>>2041356
But it is
>>
>>2040884
Like em a lot for showing my topics outside my usual interest range.
>>
>>2041356
How are you today gramps? Still experiencing PTSD from the trenches in Flanders?
>>
>non-biased
>extremely insightful
>entertaining
Honestly the best history series that I know of.
>>
>>2041336
This.
They sugar coat some things for the sake of narrative, but address them later.
Overall they're very kid friendly.
I loved the style of the Suleiman videos
>>
>>2041308
really /his/ has no right to call bias anymore

it just always translates to "anything not agreeing with my bias"
>>
>>2041360
what alternatives do you suggest then?
>>
>>2040884
they sacrifice accuracy to tell a story, but it's still good introductory stuff for people not really that into history.
>>
>>2042795
It's not possible to interpret or relay a historical narrative without bias if you ever try to venture into an significant degree of detail beyond the rote memorization of dates and their corresponding events. When a person calls bias on a lesson or analysis of historical events, their criticism is inevitably based on a perceived contradiction to their own bias. It's really just a matter of whose biased interpretation can be more soundly justified by evidence and logic. This isn't a phenomenon unique to /his/, it's just the name of the game.
>>
>>2040888
Please be bait
>>
Wasn't the guy that made extra history the one who believed that fuck crazy theory about consciousness effecting reality and your mind controlling the fate of the universe?
>>
Leftist SJW white-guilt trash.
>>
>>2045474
Could've just wrote:
>buzzword buzzword buzzword trash
>>
Great entry level stuff to get started if you keep in mind that it generalizes a lot of stuff. Loved the Justinian and Gracchus series. Superb selection of theme music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-k1PKbt5fI
>>
>>2041356
It's not good by principle but getting rid of it was a mistake. So they're Keynesians? That's most unfortunate.
>>
>>2045454
John Green IS better.

Think about how sad that is.

>>2046794
Well when they're not saying shit like the USSR wanted to be part of the axis forces, Denmark is part of Germany, mixing up the Baltic and the Balkans and claiming Poland as part of both, claiming that the Balkans loved them some nazi invasions (Greeting them as liberators) and so on and so forth.

And that's just one fucking episode.
>>
>>2045474
You forgot numale and cuck
>>
>>2041312
Bias is only acceptable if it's declared. Most historical works do this when they explain the historiography they are going to use to, how they chose it, and why they beleive it to be the most valid. If something presents itself as history without declaring its bias, it's garbage
>>
>>2041356
True
>>
>>2047265
Extra History declares their bias and dedicates 20+ minute episodes to own up to and correct any inaccuracies brought to their attention by the audience during every series.

Hate that practice for inaccuracy and you should be protesting Wikipedia, 4chan, and peer review as well.
>>
>>2040939
Oh come off it.

Everyone likes Herodotos better than Thucydides.
>>
>>2041356
>currency backed by the amount of some shiny metal in your secret chamber do not steal is better than currency backed by your country's actual economic performance
>>
>>2045469
no, that's spirit science.
Similar art style
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.