[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>most iconic armor of the middle ages >actually reached

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

>most iconic armor of the middle ages
>actually reached it's peak in XVIth century, used only at the very end of the medieval period
>everyone still seems to think knights used plate during the entire period

it's the small historical misconceptions like this that really fucking piss me off
>>
>>2032795

That depends on your definition of medieval of course.
>>
>ideas and reality is made simpler for human beings to understand them
Oh gosh I just learned something new today :3
>>
>>2032795
Best thing you can do is to explain to anybody you come across making those errors about the truth of the matter; That knights wore mail up until the 1300s, that plate armor wasn't very heavy or restrictive, and so on. Or, you can ignore them and sperg out with like-minded autistic people on the internet. I like doing both, myself.
>>
>hurr durr guns folded over 1 million times will punch through 50 knights
>>
>>2032795
>learn a piece of trivia
>"the fact that not everyone knows that piece of trivia outrages me!!!!"

This doesn't make you look smart, FYI.
>>
>>2033559
>trivia

you're fucking retarded that's not some small footnote of history you americunt piece of shit faggot that's like if someone said everyone in 20th century loved glam meta and cocainel because 80's existed
>>
>>2033588
has no practical use in everyday life
you can't even work it into smalltalk without looking like an autistic sperg

hence, trivia
>>
>>2034304
>you can't even work it into smalltalk

Yes I can
>hey that dress looks great on you, almost as great as XVIth century armor on a cavalryman, did you know plate was barely used in the middle ages?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.