[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>anatomically modern humans (homo sapiens) evolve about 200,000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: ancient-civilizations1.jpg (77KB, 800x406px) Image search: [Google]
ancient-civilizations1.jpg
77KB, 800x406px
>anatomically modern humans (homo sapiens) evolve about 200,000 years ago
>about 100,000 years ago they begin to migrate out of africa
>then suddenly a few thousand years ago civilizations spring up everywhere (america, africa, middle east, india, asia) at roughly the exact same time

what caused this?
>>
Reptilians came down from the skies and fed brain nourishing food to the ape people. They stuck around for a bit making sure they got the basics down in Sumeria. Then they bounced.

It's literally in the Bible.
>>
>>2031980
mixing with neanderthals

or just time and need being the mother of innovation
>>
>>2031980

its funny, im sure people want to know the answer and it seems mysterious from our view but if we had all the information then im sure it can be predictable and explicable, only its impossible to find out all of it (pretty much) so we always going to be left by these miraculous coincidences.

i'd also say, "spring up" is always going to be a bad description and these dates are all different on the map (maybe you can get new dates).
>>
>>2031980
>Forgetting the Ancient Finnish empire
>>
Have you heard of the emeralds tablets, and thoth? Some say thoth wad the chosen atlantean. Thoth erected the pyramids and enabled most human evolution and thought. Well at least that is how the legend gos'.
>>
>we wuz monkeys n shiet
>we wuz africans n shiet
This evolution meme needs to die
>>
Tribes getting bigger and more refined, cultures forming, larger and larger settlements and cities forming, trade becoming more developed, technology becoming more developed etc etc the discovery of agriculture probably had the greatest impact and greatly accelerated population and culture growth

Whats more surprising to me is that it took that long to begin with. Like what the fuck were people doing for around 95,000 years?
>>
If walking is 3km an hour, and you are awake 16 hours a day, you will walk 17520km a year
And 3km is slower than normal walking pace, which is at 4-5km an hour.

And Planet Earth is only ~40.000km at its girth.
Citizens and modernites always underestimate how small the world is, if you take the effort to travel it.
While civilization developed independently in several places, and so did several tribe structures, there is still a lot of knowledge trade.
>>
>>2032189
The same thing aboriginal tribes do today, which is nothing
>>
>>2032010
It does make you think. The sub-Saharan Africans didn't really mix with them, and look at the state of their 'civilizations'.
>>
File: YearsBCclimateSBI.jpg (88KB, 504x539px) Image search: [Google]
YearsBCclimateSBI.jpg
88KB, 504x539px
>>2031980
Climate change made agrarian societies possible.
>>
>>2032208
There is neanderthal-admixture below the Sarah, in Darkest Africa, too. Because of the back-to-Africa movements.
>>
>>2032189
>>2032202
>>2032229
These
>>
>>2032202
>using the absolute maximum you can expect to walk in a year as proof that the world is small
Eh I agree with your post but the best you could hope for when walking is maybe 7 hours a day of walking. You need 1500 calories a day just to spend all day in bed.
>>
>>2032440
Because walking will be done in bursts, if nomads is anything to go by.
You will pack up, walk/move/camel, several days later you might stop.

And for each improvement in preservation, or husbandry, movement increases.
And for each improvement in diet, less disease improves it again.
>>
>>2032440
You're right. But the point is that these isolated events weren't so isolated as we think.
>>
>>2031980
>what caused this?
infestation, maybe?
>>
>>2032235
>not pure enough

I assume he will respond.
>>
>>2031980

Your third assumption is wrong. Even in your picture, the time differences between civilizations span >4000 years. And in the period before 'civilization' many advanced semi-sedentary groups existed (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natufian_culture) for tens of thousands of years. The move towards agriculture and technology was very gradual, and only over many generations did humanity accomplish feats like domesticating grain or inventing writing.
>>
>>2032125
Why, it's literally been proven right so many times?
>>
>>2032010
That happened about 40,000 years before any civilizations showed up.
>>
>>2032208
Sub-Saharan Africa is still more advanced than Neanderthals ever were.
>>
>>2035269
read the bible
>>
>>2032202
People also often forget other prehistoric modes of transportation, like hugging the coast or kayaking down rivers. I seem to remember that they actually found a fossil in Florida or wherever that showed traces of having eaten seals in Alaska a few years prior to his death, they assume he followed major waterways.
>>
>>2031980
>>then suddenly a few thousand years ago civilizations spring up everywhere (america, africa, middle east, india, asia)
>africa
Nope.
>>
File: brain-dead.jpg (76KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
brain-dead.jpg
76KB, 500x565px
>>2035323
>>
Before the Ice Age ended there just wasn't much reason for agriculture, and thus civilization, to arise because there weren't as many potential crops around and human populations were mostly small, mobile and not reliant on wild grasses. The end of the Ice Age around 10,000 BC and the warming of the Earth encouraged larger human populations and a greater reliance on wild grasses like wheat, rice, etc. This lead to domestication in different places over several thousand years, first in the Middle East, then China, Mesoamerica, the Andes, West Africa and elsewhere. The first civilizations emerged in these regions several thousand years after agriculture did, mostly between 3500-1000 BC, again first in the Middle East and then elsewhere.
>>
>>2035323
>They were just a collection of Iron Age city-states and kingdoms, not a REAL civilization like Greece
>>
>>2031980
People discovered agriculture.
>>
File: 1479451702278.png (141KB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479451702278.png
141KB, 460x360px
>>2035347
Every time.
>>
>>2035347
>city-states
>city
In Africa. Really.

Read a book.

And I count the north african coast with the middle east or southern europe (depending on the historical era)
>>
>>2031993
got any nut conspiracy videos about reptilians using the Bible as a source?

in the mood for that right now
>>
>>2035347
if it has a city it's a civilization

FACT
A
C
T
>>
>>2035347
>>2035323
That butthurt and ignorance.
>>
>>2031980
The sand people in Iraq found a way to cultivate grains, this idea then spreaded to other sand people and the Minoans in Europe. The chinks developed agriculture on their own.
>>
>>2035303
Only some parts most of sub saharan Africa is paleothic or early stone age in terms of technology if we use things the blacks invented on their own like mudhuts and basic spears.
>>
>>2035557
Nigger are you stupid. Google the iron age.
Hint Very very very few people were hunter gathered by the time of European contact. I'm talking really small 10~ peoples.
>>
>>2035358
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Zimbabwe
>>
>>2031980
From what I've read, it is mostly due to the way societies have to organize themselves in self defense.

Once the very first state is formed, all of the surrounding societies have to form their own due to the threat of the collective action of the first state. This produces a quick chain of events in which states pop up all over the place, I'm assuming what you describe with civilization works similarly
>>
>>2031980
Certain advances make other advances easier. I mean we saw the same exact thing happen in the Industrial Revolution.
>>
>>2035786
No.
Because to make metal sticks, you need infrastructure.
A campfire is only strong enough to heat metal, not to deform it, or melt it.
So you need the knowledge of some form of furnace, and the materials to build that furnace, and the materials to blaze that furnace.
You only need to acquire the ore, which means basic surface mining, which is a extremely non obvious task.

Then you need to shape the metal. Ore on a stick isn't going to do anything. You need the blade shape, sharpen it, maintain it, etc.
If the person/group doing that dies, it dies with him, because reconstruction is a extremely advanced activity, which is very method based.
>>
>>2035803
Built by the arab jews. Google the Lemba.
>>
>>2035388
what do you think the talking snake was supposed to be?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.