[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Not gaining all your knowledge of history and philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1410059707298.jpg (72KB, 788x685px) Image search: [Google]
1410059707298.jpg
72KB, 788x685px
>Not gaining all your knowledge of history and philosophy from wikipedia articles

Do brainlets actually read stuffy philosophy for hours and hours while a 3 paragraph summary on wikipedia will do the same?
>>
wikipedia can be extremely biased.

especially when it comes to religion or God, most articles are done by atheists with an agenda

but for video games or small subjects wikipedia is fine.
>>
>>2030469
>>2030469
>while a 3 paragraph summary on wikipedia will do the same?
[dubious - discuss]
>>
>>2030469
>Not gaining all your knowledge of history from /his/

top pleb
>>
>>2030469
Sometimes the specifics that are discussed are essential to the explanation and it will always give you a deeper understanding but honestly I do the same for the majority of shit. I don't have the time or drive to read 30+ books on philosophy to get on the up and up on the topic.
>>
I don't know who the fuck started this

>being elitist about only reading wikipedia because you're too much of a dolt to get anything out of reading books

meme but if I ever find you I will run you over with my car.
>>
File: 1480620476062.gif (469KB, 263x264px) Image search: [Google]
1480620476062.gif
469KB, 263x264px
>>2032497
Calm down anon, we're all friends here
>>
>>2030469
Fixing it for u
>>Not gaining all your knowledge of philosophy from PLATO.EDU
>>
>>2030469
Wikipedia is basically just a good way to find new subjects of learning, not a place to acquire knowledge but to learn about knowledge there is to aquire.
That's why I go to conservapedia to learn without that liberal kike bias
>>
>>2030491
patrician

patrician superior tier is living in a cave and only getting your knowledge of history from people who regularly visit you, and those people only get their knowledge from /his/
>>
>>2030491
LMAO this guy knowledge cucked OP at his own game!

OP goes through lenghty 3 paragraph summaries on wikipedia while us NEETS get the distilled knowledge directly from /his/.
>>
>>2032523
kek
>>
This board is filled with Americans cucked by Common Core who now seek to fill up the gaps in their knowledge on a Taiwanese subreddit for things that happened in the past
>>
>>2033608
The common core generation is nowhere near the majority here.

Also, common care hate is a meme.
>>
>>2032523
The master race tier is actually to live in a cave and gain all your knowledge of the world from shadows you see on the cave wall
>>
>find interesting topic
>wiki to get broad outline of subject
>read relevant works with better idea of context
>go back to wiki to look up a cool part of the book
>after three hours of rabbit-hole clicking, wind up reading completely unrelated page about the evolution of fishing hooks.
>>
I admit I read Wikipedia way too much

4chan, Wikipedia, and YouTube comprise just about all my free time
>>
>>2032497
How can people be so confident in their own intelligence and miss such obvious irony
>>
>>2034183
Are you me?
>>
>>2033986
Pls Plato go to sleep
>>
File: 1427872137882.png (497KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1427872137882.png
497KB, 480x640px
>>2030469
>eating up what other people think about x insteed of getting x yourself
>>
>>2034281
the obvious answer is that they're not as smart as they think, or they're just autistic nerds who've never interacted with people, and thus can't figure out the concept of sarcasm and irony,
>>
File: 1478550017113.jpg (50KB, 613x771px) Image search: [Google]
1478550017113.jpg
50KB, 613x771px
>>2030469
>dedicating a lifetime to learn spooks
>not breaking free of the chains of the Ouroboros
Fucking brainlets, when will they learn?
>>
File: image.png (405KB, 685x685px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
405KB, 685x685px
>>2030472
>unironically theist
>>
>>2030469
>2016
>reading literally anything except twitter and imageboards
top zozzle
>>
>>2034183
I unironically read Wikipedia articles for fun in my spare time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_articles

Only click on that link if you're willing to become a true patrician
>>
>>2034093
This happens to me every fucking time
>>
>>2033986
>Not using a complex labyrinth of mirrors within the cave to indirectly perceive the shadows and adding several extra layers of complexity to your interaction with the noumenal, then slowly deteriorating into a pataphorical narrative as you lay dying from starvation in a physically and philosophically reflective catacomb of your own pretentious creation, being unable to find the exit.
>>
>>2034183
That's fine if you don't parade around declaring yourself the supreme intellectual being, and are open to being wrong.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.