[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I often see hate for utilitarianism here and I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 2770863227_5c4df51ab8_b.jpg (129KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
2770863227_5c4df51ab8_b.jpg
129KB, 1024x683px
I often see hate for utilitarianism here and I don't know why. So what are the flaws of utilitarianism
>>
>>2017704
utilitarianism is a subset of classical liberalism, itself a subset of liberalism, which is just shit society.
>>
>>2017731
Why
>>
>>2017704
Anthropocentrism.
By focusing on what's best for us we misinterpret the causal relationships with world around us. To see ourselves as the system rather than one of the many interdependent constituents of the system. It places no intrinsic value on non sentient life or biodiversity.
In today's day of ecological understanding, an anthropocentric wordveiw isn't just outdated, it's an evolutionary anachronism

>>2017704
Anthropocentrism.
By focusing on what's best for us we misinterpret the causal relationships with world around us. To see ourselves as the system rather than one of the many interdependent constituents of the system. It places no intrinsic value on non sentient life or biodiversity.
In today's day of ecological understanding, an anthropocentric wordveiw isn't just outdated, it's an evolutionary anachronism https://www.google.com/amp/s/sydkab.com/2013/02/14/evolutionary-anachronisms/amp/
From a time when we needed to veiw the world from a human centric viewpoint in order to survive in the wild.
But in today's evolutionary novel habitat, where we have more or less conquered our old selection pressures. This worldview has become malignant, allowing for the grossly unsustainible use of our resources. It's devo, this is what the band devo was trying to say.
That's not to say utlitairainism doesn't have utility, forcing us to accept the suggestions of ecological thinkers out of self perseveration. Maybe we can adopt a brand of ecological utilitarianism before degrade "our" earth system beyond the point of no return
>>
>>2017704

Nine out of ten people enjoy gang rape.
>>
File: 1392774760914.jpg (91KB, 537x360px) Image search: [Google]
1392774760914.jpg
91KB, 537x360px
>>2017704
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_monster
>>
>>2017704
Basically because most people here agree with the Kantian idea that we should treat humans as ends and not means (or at least as long as the human is white, male etc.).

To a Kantian, Utilitarianism (whether of the pleasure maximising or desire-satisfaction type) treats humans as automatons that should be directed towards the utility maximising outcome.

What the Kantian says in reply to this is that by taking away the ability of the agent to freely make a choice you take away the ability to make a good decision, and therefore the ability to be good.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.