[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be god >know everything >fuck up anyway >a sizeable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 1478801742778.jpg (125KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478801742778.jpg
125KB, 500x375px
>be god
>know everything
>fuck up anyway
>a sizeable amount of the beings you create gets tortured forever
What did he mean by this
>>
>>2010570
*tips fedora*
>>
*thumps bible*
>>
>>2010570
enjoy hell
>>
>>2010570
The meaning of life is to suffer
>>
>>2010570
This is why gnosticism is the only religion that makes sense.
>>
>>2010570
Almost as if the way a perfect and unlimited being percieves the world is utterly incomprehensible to the limited mind of humans.

Lovecraft got that part right.
>>
Something something God is really smart and you just don't get it so just blindly belive
>>
>>2010652
>>2010653
They posted the same thing twice
>>
>>2010611
bug off mental midget
>>
>>2010570
it means he doesnt give a shit about your feefees
>>
>>2010652
that being gets bored and creates a randomness series to keep itself entertained with surprises. and it plays the game so long it forgets it's an unlimited eternal being.
>>
>>2010570
IT'S ALL A TEST
T
'
S

A
L
L

A

T
E
S
T
>>
You know the drill.

It's all a metaphor.
Blah blah blah.
Praise Jesus.
>>
Premise: God is omnibenevolent and doesn't create evil

Premise: God created existence

Premise: Existence is full of suffering and injustice

Conclusion: Suffering and injustice are good
>>
>>2010939
>"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
>Isaiah 45:7
>KJV
>>
>>2011288
that's the old testament bro
>>
>>2011299
And
>>
>>2011301
it doesnt count anymore?? duh
>>
>>2011302
How so?
>>
>>2010570
It's Gods universe, he can do what he wants with it.
>>
>>2011308
Old testament=old covenant between God and Jews. Some lessons still apply, but mostly used for genealogical purposes
New Testament=New covenant through Christ for all peoples
>>
>>2011376
Word of God is word of God. What, did he just change his mind or something? Not something you'd expect from an omnipotent deity who creates the universe and man with a set vision and purpose.

It's almost like it's all a load of bullshit written by sociopolitically motivated people.
>>
>>2011395
>t. never read a single page of the bible
>>
>>2010570
That's not how it works
>>
>>2010652
Yo dont expect to understand GOD duh!

Except for the parts of the bible that are okay, like, doesnt matter that humans wrote it they obviously did understand god, unlike us... somehow
>>
>>2011395
God changes his mind in the OT all the fucking time. Personally I think its a bit fucking suspect on the grounds that an all knowing God would be in a position to get everything right the first reason and has no reason not to.
>>
>>2011466
>everything right the first time
>>
>"God is perfect!"
>He still makes mistakes and constantly changes his mind.
>>
>>2010570
Protip: [spoiler]he never fucked up[/spoiler]

God is omniscient. That means he was also the snake in the garden. He's chaotic neutral, just doing things as they fancy him.
>>
>>2010570
That's the thing about chaos, it's fair.

Don't blame your own mistakes and lack of knowledge/strength to tame the universe on this god fellow.
>>
>>2011376
>Original commenter here
In this verse, God is not laying out laws, he's simply stating his being and what he is capable of. If you'd go so far as to call this a product solely of the OT, you can also call the creation of the universe and man a product solely of the OT.
>>
File: 1448557582099.jpg (73KB, 497x600px) Image search: [Google]
1448557582099.jpg
73KB, 497x600px
>>2010570

mfw
>>
>>2011453
>Except for the parts of the bible that are okay, like, doesnt matter that humans wrote it they obviously did understand god, unlike us... somehow
Except the Son came unto this earth to bring us the message of salvation in a way comprehensible to us. The Son is not a man, and is perfectly capable of understanding the Father. Teachings of the Son have been transcribed for us by His followers, so that we may follow them and find salvation.
>>
>>2010570
>god needs to answer to your logic and morals
>>
>>2010570
That is quite literally your own choice. All you have to do is listen.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.