[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Romania was the Roman Empire. It had been called Romania since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Romania.png (125KB, 1036x733px) Image search: [Google]
Romania.png
125KB, 1036x733px
Romania was the Roman Empire. It had been called Romania since about the time of Constantine. How the hell did Dacians get that name for their country when it was formed?

I'd understand if it were Greece that was called Romania in the modern day, but this area?
>>
>all those landlocked countries
>EU is trying to take in immigrants instead of fixing the European equivalent to Africa.

This is why I think the EU has no potential now and will have potential once the German chancelor dies.
>>
>>2010031
Romania, Ρωμανία, is ine of the terms for the Byzantine empire.
>>
>>2010031
>the only place in that part of the world that speaks a roman (latin) based language
>it's called Romania

What's surprizing about that?
>>
>>2010031
because that's a lot easier to say than United Principalities of Moldavia and Wallachia
>>
>>2010163
they speak romansh in svitzerland

explain that genius
>>
>>2010031
WE
>>
File: 1453810621083.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1453810621083.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>2010031
>backwater slavs pretending they're descendants of Rome
>>
>>2012536
I have no idea what they are but they sure as fuck are no Slavs.

t. Slav
>>
AYO HOL UP
>>
>>2012554
they are slavs in denial
40% of their vocab is slavspeak, their grammar is slav, their customs are slav, up to the 1860s romanian was indistinguishable from bulgarian
>>
File: nadia-comaneci-plastic-surgery.jpg (33KB, 293x440px) Image search: [Google]
nadia-comaneci-plastic-surgery.jpg
33KB, 293x440px
>>2012601
They aren't Slavs, they are more like a mix of Turks, Gypsies and something native to the Balkans. If you put a Romanian among Slavs he'd stand out since he's pretty much a shitskin, pic related.

>Bulgarian

So literally Turks.
>>
>>2010163
>what is spanish
>what is italian
>what is french
>what is portuguese
>>
>>2012644
All Moors.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.