[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there any hope for cohesive Islam? At least in Christianity,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1477052062870.jpg (1MB, 1969x1598px) Image search: [Google]
1477052062870.jpg
1MB, 1969x1598px
Was there any hope for cohesive Islam?

At least in Christianity, Paul did a decent job of keeping shit together and the Roman Catholic church passed the buck until the Germans got too pissy.The umma seemed fucked since the beginning with the immense amount of fragmentation in the Arabian peninsula. It is easy to point the finger at Muhammed for not naming a successor but how can you keep shit together when you have pussies like Ali ruling and your reward for ruling over a bunch of tribes is assassination.

Even with the Islamic Golden Age, as soon as the Sunni and Shiite rifted appeared it seems like it was game over. Or is this just a huge cycle for monotheistic religions considering that after 1,400 years, Christianity had a nice lil implosion and now 1,400 years later Islam is facing the same.
>>
>Paul did a decent job of keeping shit together and the Roman Catholic church passed the buck until the Germans got too pissy
>What is Arianism?
>What is Miaphysitism?
>What is Nestorianism?
>What is the Great Schism?
>>
>>2007113
>what are dozens of gnostic sects
>>
No, but I hope the world can give adhesive Islam a try someday.
>>
>>2007182
t. Kharijite
>>
>>2007124
>What is Arianism?
>What is Miaphysitism?
>What is Nestorianism?
>What is the Great Schism?

All these heresy collapsed or got conquered by the islamic heresy.

God's Church is one and shall remain one for eternity.
>>
>>2007113
golden age ended with mongols, not sunni shia rift. Paul def did not do a good job keeping christianity together imo, rifts in religion are inevitable.
>>
What are the Abbasid and Ottoman caliphates?

>>2007124
this
>>
>>2007113
actual sunni-shia distinction was relevant after 1500s. still today shias are %15 of the muslims. i don't think that had an affect
>>
>>2007113

Islam failed so spectacularly cause Mohammad and the later writers of the Quran knew nothing of the bible or the OT. Everyone in Mecca laughed at him for creating Islam because they knew that he was taking other people's religious stories and cramming into his own even though they didn't fully believe literally (see Dul Qurnan and the sun setting in a pool of muddy water).
>>
>>2007113
Do you forget those Orthodox heretics too ? Shit has been going down since the beginning
>>
>>2007113
I used to learn short track speed racing and girls in those uniforms made me feel sexually confused
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.