[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some other absolutely insane periods in Human History?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1480197494825.png (52KB, 602x337px) Image search: [Google]
1480197494825.png
52KB, 602x337px
What are some other absolutely insane periods in Human History?

Times when nothing made any sense
>>
When did "democracy" become such a buzzword? As if its good for its own sake. A sacred cow of political theory here in the west.

I can't hear democracy being venerated without thinking its just a cheap appeal to the masses, the verbal equivalent of flag-waving.
>>
>>2005457
I dunno abu but I at least find the facade of influencing politics even in a minor way with my vote verry appealing, personally.
>>
>>2005457
>The politicians are in power because of the people's vote.
>The politicians spend a lot of effort hammering it into peoples heads through propaganda that their right to vote is very important and sacred and should never be taken away from them.
>>
File: fan frog.png (291KB, 495x499px) Image search: [Google]
fan frog.png
291KB, 495x499px
>>2005428
I'm glad to see Jill Stein is getting so much attention desu. And seeing Trump get mad at her is a nice extra bonus.

Also I 100% guarantee you that if Trump had lost then he'd be demanding recounts left right and center. There's nothing wrong with recounts, unless you're worried that your favored candidate will end up losing.
>>
>>2005428
Sad to say that you really chose a bad picture for this one, sort of hard to stay on topic when it's kind of difficult to not talk about current events when it's brought up.

My favorite crazy periods in history are periods of hyperinflation. The Mark during the interwar years is probably the most notable example, but the most fun one (ignoring massive human tragedy) is probably the Zimbabwean Dollar (technically /his/ since it began in the '80's).

They're all accompanied by revolutions, topsy-turvy public finance strategies and whacky regime changes.
>>
File: trump.png (402KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
trump.png
402KB, 640x427px
>>2005475
:^)
>>
>>2005479
Mugabe is at it again with his tricks.

He's begun to take people's bank deposits (which are in a currency backed by American dollars) and replace them with newly created IOUs not backed by dollars.
>>
>>2005428
The Bronze Age collapse. You have an interconnected network of states like the Hittites, Egyptians, Minoans, and Levantine cities where people made marriage alliances and had regular correspondences, not unlike Europe in the Middle Ages. Then, suddenly, mysterious pirates, climatic upheaval, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and everything's fucked. Only Egypt survives.
>>
>>2005475
>And seeing Trump get mad at her is a nice extra bonus.

Trump hasn't even commented about the recount.
>>
>>2005428
Nobody answering OP except for
>>2005522

Cmon, /his/.
>>
>>2005572
Google News is your friend.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.