[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this show ever good enough to watch even as a parody of history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: hetalia axis powers.jpg (76KB, 670x419px) Image search: [Google]
hetalia axis powers.jpg
76KB, 670x419px
Was this show ever good enough to watch even as a parody of history?
Be honest and fair.
Yes, I agree the second season is complete faggy garbage.
>>
I think so. That is the one anime I like and will watch so that has that going for it.
>>
>>2005008
I've liked it for years but I guess it depends on your personality. I prefer subs over dubs btw.
>>
>>2005008
>Was this show ever good enough to watch even as a parody of history?
Not even close.
It's an ok show if you enjoy the humour, but the only way the characters are connected with the nations they're supposed to represent is the name (which is often even misspelled due to translitteration).
>>
>>2005110
I just want you to know that some of the fansubs were complete mistranslations.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 162x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 162x90px
>>2005036
Even season 2?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtw3019RZJ4
>>
>>2005368
I watch the funimation subs.
>>
>>2005178
I think America's personafication of always wanting to be the "hero" was pretty accurate.
>>
>>2005502
>I think America's personafication of always wanting to be the "hero" was pretty accurate.
Not in the context of the world wars, that's for sure. World police is a modern thing.
This is one of the reasons you can't use the show even as a parody of history, it mixes and mashes stereotypes from different periods together, they clash, they contradict each other, they are very often applied to the wrong damned country (Italy's name is Feliciano fucking Vargas. That's fucking spanish).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.