[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that he was an absolute clown of a strategist with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: rommel.jpg (77KB, 474x786px) Image search: [Google]
rommel.jpg
77KB, 474x786px
Is it true that he was an absolute clown of a strategist with almost no concept of logistics?
>>
I heard Hitler only kept him around because he was a manlet.
>>
manlets when will they lernen hehe
>>
>>2003864
Nah that was Patton.
Rommel dindu nuffin
>>
>>2003864

Yes.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a348413.pdf
>>
Rommel was at best a decent divisional commander, he had shown this in france. But yes you are correct, he had no concept of logistics and supplies, ran his army till it was exhausted in north africa then was promoted for it.

Probably one of the most inflated generals in history.
>>
>>2003864
I can't call him a clown but he was definitely incapable of long-term planning, His style was to conastantly attack. Launching suprise offenses while his enemies were unprepared was his primary tactic. He often flew a plane over the battlefield to see how things are going. The thing is, his style had a serious flaw. A well-trained, well-organised force was a lot less likely to break and rout and a lot more likely to launch an immediate counter-offence. And a counter-offence meant failure for Rommel and his forces because he had no concept of logistics.
>>
>>2003925
Nice cute theory but Rommel didn't lose Africa to a counteroffensive. He was defending a fixed location and got BTFO.
>>
>>2003931

>What is Crusader
>What is El Alamein
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.