[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /his/ im working a exam in history @ uni and my task is to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Leviathan.jpg (223KB, 432x676px) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan.jpg
223KB, 432x676px
hey /his/ im working a exam in history @ uni and my task is to ''argument for and against absolutism in the 17th and 18th century''

could you guys give me examples of well-working absolutist states were the monarch weren't a tyrannical cuck
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlightened_absolutism#Associated_rulers
>>
>>1999133
DOnt use KEK in your OP as you will be ignored by most
Look at Cromwell, Stuart's, Louis XIV, Prussian monarchs and Russia.
Louis and Cromwell basically had everything under control
Charles 1st had everything under control until the scots rebel as he couldn't afford a proper army
Peter and Catherine the Great are quite important as they made Russia get taken seriously and removed kebab.
[spoiler] nice dubs
>>
>>1999164
cuck
>>
>>1999164
The KEK should be cuck, word filters?
>>
>>1999164
>stuarts
>well-working
>cromwell
>not a tyrannical cuck
>>
>>1999174
If you're op please explain what you mean by 'tyrannical cuck' I thought it meant someone who was despotic but the mother or wife really ruled

I put Cromwell forward because he put down rebellions and got what he wanted from parliament and prevented further civil war.

Charles 1st in his years of personal rule did quite well off, also colonists were sent off, places discovered and technology advanced slightly. Charles 2nd pragmatism let him die in a palace unlike his father. Anne added to the British possessions and unified the realms thus paving the way for British domination under the Hanoverians
>>
>>1999197
I'm not OP, just spouting memes. I only really know about Charles I (who was alright, but he fucked up big time towards the end).

I thought cuck was just a generic insult, and Cromwell deserves all the insults he gets.
>>
>>1999202
When 2/3 rds of your kingdom doesn't like you it's kinda hard to keep your head.
Cuck originally meant a man who was quite passive in his relationship with his wife whilst she was quite active. Then when adultery was less taboo it meant a man who could not stop his wife sleeping with other men.
Then /pol got ahold of it and it meant weak-willed man and basically a placeholder for SJW.
Then Milo got ahold of it and from there it became a normie phrase again so it meant anything to anyone, much like black power in the '60's

So yeah Cromwell is far from a cuck, especially as he was able to force his sisters to marry his army friends
>>
The historical argument for the "enlightened rule" of Frederik VI of Denmark-Norway was laid out best by Jens Arup Seip in "Teorien om det opinionsstyrte enevelde" in Historisk Tidsskrift 1958.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>1999479
takk takk mann. er du norsk? hvis så hvilket universitet gikk du på a
>>
>>1999133
Martin Luther started it all, as long as his idea of God's representative on earth were monarchs (German princes in this case).
Emperor Charles V was kinda interested on that as well, so he protected him while slaughtering protestants <3
>>
>>1999133
For: Brandenburg, PL Commonwealth
Against: France, Britain
>>
>>1999536
Dansk. Kobenhavns Universitet. Seip bruges også her.
>>
Louis XIV, the Stuarts (James I, Charles I in particular), Joseph I, Frederick the Great.

Honestly, absolute monarchs being tyrants and bad is kind of a meme. The more you read about the states of that period the better they seem. The bad ones are more or less the ones where the king decides to fuck off and ignore his duties.
>>
>>1999869
But then you read further and realize that the sources from that period were manufacturing consent, and that these states were pretty harsh in enforcing their power.
>>
>>1999874
But then you realize that the media and global corporations still do this today, and there isn't that much difference between medieval times and now.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.