[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people keep making bronze statues when they all turn disgustingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Why do people keep making bronze statues when they all turn disgustingly green as the time passes?
>>
File: Ancient Jian.jpg (678KB, 2325x3487px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Jian.jpg
678KB, 2325x3487px
>>1997896
Bronze green is the shit, nigga, what do you mean digusting?
>>
>>1997896

Because turning green is all they do. We have far more artifacts from the Bronze Age than from the Iron Age because bronze can last forever.
>>
>>1997896
*as time passes
>>
File: FIUpanther.jpg (102KB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
FIUpanther.jpg
102KB, 960x400px
>>1997902
So I'm the only one who thinks that green bronze is fucking ugly?

I mean look at this. Now imagine it become vomit-green some years later.
Isn't that a clear downgrade?
>>
>>1997905
>Implying that people didnt use bronze during the iron age
>>
>>1997896
can't people restore these things to look as intended(tm) if they really wanted to?

personally they look fine to me desu the green tint makes them look more ancient and respectable

it's like saying a non-green statue of liberty isn't iconic as if it was shit-tier brown
>>
>>1997905
This. A patina protects the metal underneath from further corrosion, unlike rust which further the corrosion of the metal underneath.

>>1997947
You're probably not the only one, but I certainly disagree with you on. While I prefer the look of polished bronze, I don't find a patina displeasing either.
>>
If you go to Berlin you will see how over long time the domes of various monuments acquire a brilliant green colour. I like it way more than polished bronze, and as >>1997905 said, they are more resilient to different conditions.
>>
I always have felt that green bronze is kind of like a well groomed silver haired person. It looks distinguished and respectable.
>>
>>1997896
>disgustingly green
You sir have no taste, when it's all green it's lovely
>>
>>1997896
I'm inclined to agree with your disgust for the green, but bronze is straight-up the most gorgeous looking metal. I dream about living in a city made all of bronze.
>>
>>1997947
>FIU
Glad I left
>>
>>1998519
>can't people restore these things to look as intended(tm) if they really wanted to?
Yes, but there's no point. The patina would just form back, and every cleaning would damage the statue a bit more, until you start losing detail.
>>
>>1997896
I think the green looks fine. For example, the Statue of Liberty is beautiful.
Also, it is a much better alternative to the other metals which rust.

The patina that forms on bronze and copper looks so much better than the rust on other metals.
>>
Patina is the ultimate sculptural redpill
>>
>>1999304
>when el presidente wants to be a bronze statue so much he covers his face in bronzer every day
>>
That only happens because retards keep touching them and damaging them over time.

I remember once going to the British Museum and I saw this beautiful 18 year old chick all by herself look around to make sure no one was watching before touching an ancient roman sculpture head of an emperor I can't remember.

I wanted to knock her out and fuck her then and there.
>>
>>2003279
That urge sounds unrelated to her touching the statue.
>>
I like it, it reminds me of their age and grandeur, and makes me feel like I'm in the presence of something bigger than myself.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.