[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is sexual desire so ingrained into us? Why does it keep coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6435.jpg (344KB, 440x602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6435.jpg
344KB, 440x602px
Why is sexual desire so ingrained into us? Why does it keep coming back even after copulation? Why do we start developing carnal desires at such a young age? Why do sexually appealing traits commonly no longer appeal to us post-orgasm? Why do a lot of us value purity? Why do a lot of us seek existential knowledge and value it more than sex? I can't fathom this inherent burden.
>>
For all save your last question; biology is your friend. Look for the answers there.
>>
>>1997437
Strong population increasing tool. The younger you start the more kids.
We value purity because it prevents illegitimate children and all animals hate illegitimate children. There are animals that kill the young if they find out that another animal fathered them.
Existential knowledge is about denying what makes you primal which sexual desire does. Sexual desire is like hunger and thirst. Many people fast like muslims do and Christians do to cleanse their minds and focus on bigger things than basic human needs. They try to rise above their human roots and try to get closer to enlightenment and possibly God.
>>
>>1997450
I'm sick of answering everything on an evolutionary basis
>>
>>1997437
Because that impulse is what saved human race after that almost-extinction event
>>
>>1997462
If humanity was almost extinct there wouldn't have been enough time to develop that behavior
>>
>>1997473
The behaviour was always there. But there just wasn't enough time to always copulate mindlessly like there is these days. Everyone spend enormous amounts of time trying to stay alive so the population didn't skyrocket like it does now.
>>
>>1997461
Uh... sorry friend, but if you're asking questions of an inherent biological nature, then biology is the way to go. We're a product of evolution (among other things), so...
>>
>>1997437
>Why is sexual desire so ingrained into us?
Humans and our ancestors reproduced through sex so the more motivated outperformed the others, leading to us.

>Why does it keep coming back even after copulation?
Why would it stop?

>Why do we start developing carnal desires at such a young age?
How young you perceive it is arbitrary. The age was probably selected to be optimal enough not to be selected against. Puberty works just fine.

>Why do sexually appealing traits commonly no longer appeal to us post-orgasm?
You've just had sex so you don't need to go again right away, and your desire won't skew your judgement. Also there are probably chemical factors at play, release of dopamine etc. I've read that Dopamine is linked to libido. This bit probably requires an expert for a good answer

>Why do a lot of us value purity?
Define "purity". If you mean sexual promiscuity then it's about increasing the chances that her children are also yours, and for the woman it's about making sure you'll be around to look after them. More complicated than this I'm sure but this is my understanding

>Why do a lot of us seek existential knowledge and value it more than sex? I can't fathom this inherent burden.
Don't think anyone knows for sure.
>>
File: 1480032833930.png (880KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1480032833930.png
880KB, 900x900px
>>1997494
Here you go.
>>
>>1997437
Sexuality has been thorougly discussed here. Now about purity. Two ways of explanation:
Purity in a form of generally not having sex can be helpful as some members of the group with no kids can take care of children without parents, can tend to tasks impaired by raising children. To a certain extent they are vital to society on a basic level.

On the other hand it is trying to get rid to gain power over natural urges in order to gain higher knowledge. Many spiritual places in societies remain "pure" as they think, that impairs their mind. Think of it in a Freudian way. If you controll the IT, you come closer to the super ego.
>>
>>1997457
>>1997519
Humans don't have an impulse to kill the young whom aren't their biological children though. And it isn't always taboo to take on adopted children.
>>
>>1997535
This was in part meant for >>1997499
>>
>>1997500
>try to steer a jackass in the right direction...
>get this
>>
File: virginity.jpg (461KB, 650x2000px) Image search: [Google]
virginity.jpg
461KB, 650x2000px
>>1997437
>Why do a lot of us value purity?
>>
File: concerned pe pe.png (41KB, 608x528px) Image search: [Google]
concerned pe pe.png
41KB, 608x528px
>>1997461
>when robots attempts to break free from biology
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.