[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My last is Oh which is translated in Chinese as 吳. Does that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Map.SpringAutumn.png (47KB, 538x450px) Image search: [Google]
Map.SpringAutumn.png
47KB, 538x450px
My last is Oh which is translated in Chinese as 吳.
Does that mean my ancestors a from the Chinese wu state?
>>
>>1996739
are you korean?
this is the chinese name:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_(surname)

but since you read it as Oh, this is your name:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_(surname)

if you were chinese with that name i would say your ancestors were most likely from the Wu state but for the korean version it seems less likely. the wiki article gives an explanation but the korean part seems more like a legend to me:

"In the 13th century B.C., the state of Zhou (which will later become the Zhou Dynasty) was ruled by Tai Wang (King Tai of Zhou). His surname was originally Ji (姬). He had three sons: Taibo, Zhongyong, and Jili. King Tai of Zhou favored the youngest son, Jili to inherit the reins of power, therefore Taibo and his brother Zhongyong voluntarily left Zhou with a group of followers and headed southeast where they established the state of Wu. Taibo and Zhongyong's descendants eventually adopted Wu (吳) as their surname.[1][2] The state of Wu, which later claimed to be a kingdom of its own, was best known for its military prowess as Sun Tzu, the author of the famed book The Art of War, was the country's general serving under King Helü of Wu. King Helu is considered to be one of the Five Hegemons of China during the Spring and Autumn period.

One of their descendants named Wu Ch'om migrated to Korea from China during the reign of Shilla's King Jijeung (500-514 AD), and is the ancestor of all 16 Korean "Oh" clans."
>>
>>1996825
Good post
>>
>>1998318
shitpost actually

>>1996825
>if you were chinese with that name i would say your ancestors were most likely from the Wu state but for the korean version it seems less likely. the wiki article gives an explanation but the korean part seems more like a legend to me

the same "mythical" legend is also found in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_(surname)
your impatience can't even let you finish a wiki page.

>>1996739
Since you're korean, it's expected for you to can't even read your own name in chink character, i'll spare you a chink wikipage.
Since we're in 4chan, here is a Jap wiki page on korea's clan of family names.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:朝鮮の氏族
joseon's family name genesis is actually well documented, you're most probably a ABK who can't even read korean for not knowing about your family name.
>>
>>1996739
Wu is the shortened form of Gou/Gong Wu a barbarian polity that waged war against Yue,Chu and the descendants of the Huai Yi.

Wu became synonymous with the south and was revived as a geopolitical term.

Chances are your ancestors either came directly from the lower Yangzi,forged a origin story to claim a prestigious foreign ancestor or bought/adopted their surname from a Yangban clan.
>>
>>1996739
lol u chink cuck. kill yourself changke. no chinese allowed in korea after being kicked out
>>
>>1996739
oh shit ur from a literally wu family haha
>>
>>1998500
These days it's the Korean who are cucks.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.