[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think about Lars Andersen and his ancient ma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1449517641816.jpg (138KB, 970x545px)
1449517641816.jpg
138KB, 970x545px
What does /his/ think about Lars Andersen and his ancient manuscripts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk
>>
>>1993840
He's a meme and a retard.
>>
>>1993849
This. He has been thoroughly debunked, I'd link you to a video that COMPLETELY btfos Lars but I'm posting on mobile.
>>
>>1993955
>He has been thoroughly debunked,
Several times over at this point. Lars even made a damage control video at some point (I think last year) admitted that he made up and misrepresented almost everything in his original video, but saying that it's not a big deal because it was just entertainment.

Like this dude says, there are several videos debunking pretty much every aspect of that video. From his lies about history to his use of trick arrows, low draw weight bow, and other forms of technical "cheats." To put the history part simply, Lars is a trick archer who uses a style heavily influenced by Asian horse archery. His style wasn't lost, and it wasn't the way people "really" did things in the ancient world. All of his claims about what things were "really" like, and what are supposed myths are either exaggerated or just wrong.
>>
Beyond using depth perception to aim, do he bring anything good to the table?
>>
>>1996186
That's not even a good thing, at least not the way he describes it. His reasoning behind it is a complete lie (it has nothing to do with what side of the bow the arrow goes on), and the way he uses his aiming technique is really sloppy and imprecise. He can only hit things are very close distances, and he even admits in his other video he misses most of the time.

>do he bring anything good to the table?
Absolutely not. Remember, he's a trick archer; everything he's done is for self-promotion. He made a garbage video full of deliberate lies and misrepresentations and got tons of people to believe bullshit. That kind of thing is exactly what's wrong with so many forms of pop history; his video is basically the archery version of Ancient Aliens, except more people are likely to believe it because it doesn't seem quite as ridiculous on the surface.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.