[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It does not please [you] that I've placed Man among

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: AnthroRibs.jpg (670KB, 807x1092px) Image search: [Google]
AnthroRibs.jpg
670KB, 807x1092px
>It does not please [you] that I've placed Man among the Anthropomorpha, perhaps because of the term "with human form", but man learns to know himself. Let's not quibble over words. It will be the same to me whatever name we apply. But I seek from you and from the whole world a generic difference between man and simian that [follows] from the principles of Natural History. I absolutely know of none. If only someone might tell me a single one! If I would have called man a simian or vice versa, I would have brought together all the theologians against me. Perhaps I ought to have by virtue of the law of the discipline.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1992563
*tips fedora*
>>
File: TULP.preview.jpg (62KB, 412x640px) Image search: [Google]
TULP.preview.jpg
62KB, 412x640px
>>1992570
Linnaeus was a Christian, anon. Keep your tips.
>One should not vent one's wrath on animals, Theology decree that man has a soul and that the animals are mere "aoutomata mechanica," but I believe they would be better advised that animals have a soul and that the difference is of nobility.
>>
File: Cousins.jpg (1MB, 1188x2201px) Image search: [Google]
Cousins.jpg
1MB, 1188x2201px
Bump
>>
>>1992563
>>1992610
"God has surely tested them in order for them to see that they are but beasts." 19For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity. 20All go to the same place. All came from the dust and all return to the dust.…

Some bits of the Bible offer themselves to oppose some commonnly held doctrines.
>>
File: Apes of God.jpg (491KB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
Apes of God.jpg
491KB, 1200x840px
>>1993585
Oh yeah, I have a pic of that.
>>
>>1993585
it's only fundie proddies who have issue with evolution/life being more than 6000 years old
>>
>>1993585
>>1993624
Well. Are we looking at one of the Bible's many contradictions here? This passage is somewhat surprising
>>
File: Ape-skeletons.jpg (95KB, 700x375px) Image search: [Google]
Ape-skeletons.jpg
95KB, 700x375px
>>1993706
Some interpret it to mean that God is testing us to see if we turn to naturalism (us being animals, purely physical) or something like that.
>>
File: 98.8%.jpg (1MB, 1209x1455px) Image search: [Google]
98.8%.jpg
1MB, 1209x1455px
Bump again
>>
>>1992610
He was a "christian", as in he followed the cultural doctrine. He, like most christians, doesn't believe the story of creation.
Most post enlightenment christians are just spiritual people, not religious ones.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>1997661
Atheists got bullied out of /his/, and religious people don't like talking about evolution, because it makes them uneasy.
>>
File: ken-ham-creationism.jpg (76KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ken-ham-creationism.jpg
76KB, 600x450px
>>1994823
>He, like most christians, doesn't believe the story of creation.

Blasphemy.
>>
>>1994811
humans are hiplets

kek
>>
>>
>>1998753
>implying evolution makes me uneasy

It doesn't anon, it makes everything make a lot more sense
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.