[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did early Christians believe in the real presence in the eucharist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Communion-bread-wine.jpg (57KB, 960x450px) Image search: [Google]
Communion-bread-wine.jpg
57KB, 960x450px
Did early Christians believe in the real presence in the eucharist? Why are Christians so divided on this issue?
>>
Also why do some use grape juice?
>>
>>1990004

isnt grape juice just non-alcoholic wine?
>>
>>1990952
Nope:
Here's a shop that sells non alkoholic wines and champagnes
>>
>>1990972
Forgot the link :
http://www.winzers.de/weine/alkoholfreier_wein_und_sekt_alkoholfrei.html
>>
>>1990974
lool yes sir, i am aware of non-alcoholic wine but im saying in principle its just non-fermented grape juice isnt it? surely the symbolism of the vine and the fruit is more important than the fermentation process!
>>
>>1991011
But it's fermented, they just take the alkohol away afterwards.
I think juice isn't legit because the bible is talking about wine not grape juice
>>
>>1991029
i meant grape juice is non-fermented wine.

yeah but i think its coz of people with alcoholism or somin.
>>
>>1991029
or just the best some people can do. especially if its in an informal setting.

its only supposed to be symbolic really unless you are from a big old church.
>>
what if jesus's followers actually ate him and that's why his body disappeared
>>
>>1989996

1 Corinthians 11:27-29

27 Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread and drink this cup of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and then let him eat of that bread and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.
>>
>>1991105

You know I've never really thought of it that way.

It would make sense though. I always thought the whole thing was disgusting, kind of like a cannibal perk. If you have a bunch of people who are willing to literally feast on the flesh of a human being for salvation, then I'm not so sure I need any part of their philosophies.
>>
>>1989996
The easiest group probably didn't, But after Paul the ritual started to take on its current meaning
>>
>>1991157
earliest sorry
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.