[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Holy Roman Empire included hundreds of states over the course

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Holy Roman Empire.jpg (3MB, 3586x2792px) Image search: [Google]
Holy Roman Empire.jpg
3MB, 3586x2792px
The Holy Roman Empire included hundreds of states over the course of hundreds of years.

What systems of government did they have? Did any states have really wacky political structures?

How did a society this large exist in pre-modern times? Was all law local, or could the Emperor tell all his citizens what to do? How were language and religion controlled by the Emperor?
>>
>
>
>
>>
>>1989698

Go to fucking class dumbass. We're not here to hold your fucking hand.

COME THE FUCK ON MODS

This place used to have some standards until that Nip took over.
>>
>>1989720
>Before the nip took over
How can I tell you just found /his/??
>>
File: 1349750667734.jpg (35KB, 220x221px) Image search: [Google]
1349750667734.jpg
35KB, 220x221px
>>1989698
Excuse me, the...what?
>>
>>1989720
My uni doesn't offer anything on German history
>>
>>1989698
>Did any states have really wacky political structures?

Not really "wacky" but the smallest sovereign entities were probably the Imperial Villages, who were like the Free Cities only subdue to the Empire. Since they had no prince above them, they only had to pay Imperial taxes and could largely decide all matters by their own, within the framework of Imperial legal norms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Village
>>
Are you incapable of doing any sort of fucking research or reading?
For your questions the power of the emperor waxed and waned throughout the ages, but after Charles V all emperors were useless. Power was mostly in the hands of the local princes or electors who were like mini-autonomous states within the empire. For example Charles V wanted to execute Martin Luther, but Fredrick 1 of Saxony took Luther under his wing so Charles V pretty much couldn't do anything about it even though Fredrick was a vassal of Charles V.
ultimately the
>H
>R
>E
was a fucking joke and your efforts and time are better spent on another country like France Spain or England
>>
>>1989893
In your terms saying the HRE was worthles is like ssying the US is worthless
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.