[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Hinduism really the only non-LARPing polytheist religion in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: indra slaying vritra.jpg (100KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
indra slaying vritra.jpg
100KB, 750x500px
Is Hinduism really the only non-LARPing polytheist religion in modern times /his/?
>>
>>1988842
Shinto
>>
>>1988842
>hinduism
>religion

colonialist pig pls
>>
>>1988853
>non-LARPing
>>
>>1988842
There's also:
Shinto
Folk Chinese Religion
and tribalshit religions the world over.

Also >Polytheist is murky. Are we talking about gods in the Mediterranean sense? Because take for example Folk Chinese: they technically have no gods. The "Shen" is best translated as spirit or manifestation, who ultimately draw power from Heaven, who is the real supreme being. So in a sense it makes Folk Chinks monotheistic. Or Atheistic even.
>>
>>1989032
>The "Shen" is best translated as spirit or manifestation, who ultimately draw power from Heaven, who is the real supreme being. So in a sense it makes Folk Chinks monotheistic. Or Atheistic even.

Very similar to Hinduism.
>>
File: palden-lhamo.jpg (406KB, 1000x874px) Image search: [Google]
palden-lhamo.jpg
406KB, 1000x874px
Buddhsm?
>>
>>1988995
Yeah I lived in Japan and never met one that genuinely believed in the gods lol
>>
File: sarcasm.png (100KB, 349x376px) Image search: [Google]
sarcasm.png
100KB, 349x376px
>>1989176
>lol
>>
>>1989032
I believe in Traditional Tai spirits/gods

Our people are Buddhist but we still follow Hindu and local animist gods
>>
>>1989032
Modern Chan (Zen) Buddhism is also arguably polytheistic.
>>
>>1989176
Don't know why but that makes me kinda sad.

I'm not religious, it's just that shinto seems like a beautiful animistic system of belief. Individual spirits inhabiting creeks, mountains, trees etc. as well as aesthetic shrines. It's disney af.
>>
File: yazidi_symbol.gif (45KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
yazidi_symbol.gif
45KB, 250x251px
>>1988842
Before any reddit-educated individuals bring up Yazidis : remember that they are a pseudoreligion that somehow formed around a cult worshipping an Islamic Caliph(wtf) and is literally as LARP as it gets if not for the fact that the idiots practicing it actually take it seriously to the point of stoning anyone having relations with someone outside their community.
also their probably inbred as fuck
>>
>>1988842

Catholicism
>>
>>1988842
They're actually just LARPing as aryans though
>>
File: 1456228599476.jpg (431KB, 1024x605px) Image search: [Google]
1456228599476.jpg
431KB, 1024x605px
>>1989413
Other way around friendo- Germanics claiming to be "Aryan" despite the fact that they forgot about the word(which is sanskrit btw) until they "rediscovered it from Indo-Iranians show who the real LARPers are
>>
>>1989400
>remember that they are a pseudoreligion that somehow formed around a cult worshipping an Islamic Caliph
Explain.
>>
>>1989443
The name of the religion comes from the the Caliph Yazid who was revered as a savior according to most scholars . in any case, its clear that the religion only formed from Sufi Islamic influences reaching isolated mountain hicks
>>
>>1989431
What I mean is that hinduism, are pooinloos LARPing as the historical aryans, as a means to produce a national identity beyond their servile nature without having to approriate Islam.

Germans are obviously not aryan as they are bog people.
>>
File: 9a4.jpg (136KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
9a4.jpg
136KB, 640x640px
>>1989462
Maybe, but the caste system , vedic mythology, and sanskrit language are the last remnants of Aryan civilization ever since Iranians got Islamized
>>
And thus, hindus are pooinloos LARPing as aryans.

Therefore hinduism is LARP.
>>
All religion is by definition LARPing. The only thing that matters is the aesthetics.
>>
File: MAXIMUMWHYBOTHER.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUMWHYBOTHER.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>1989478
its not LARP if its a continued unbroken tradition. LARPing woud be NAzis claiming we wuz Aryan super race n shiett all of a sudden in the twentieth century
>>
>>1989400
>>1989456
>they are a pseudoreligion that somehow formed around a cult worshipping an Islamic Caliph(wtf)

lol read something other than fucking Dabiq you goat rapist. It has literally nothing to do with Yazid. It's a Gnostic religion and it's not even polytheistic, it has a single creator and angels.
>>
>>1988842

There are literally billions of Christians.
>>
>>1989462
t. Iranian diaspora in america.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.