[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come the Catholic Church at least never answered the tolerance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1112321.jpg (120KB, 980x552px) Image search: [Google]
1112321.jpg
120KB, 980x552px
How come the Catholic Church at least never answered the tolerance other faiths showed them?
>Allowed to spread through the Roman empire with a few outburts of persecution
>Prohibit paganism wónce they are in power
>Allowed to spread through pagan Scandinavia, Norse pagan king even inviting one of their missionaries once
>Prohibit pagan rituals once they hold the majority
I suppose there are more examples but those are the two I got on the top of my head.
>>
>>1985822
Because the Eternal Papist thinks kindness=weakness.
>>
>>1985822
>Roman empire
The Roman Pagan Church was founded in 1545 A.D.
>>
Because Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Light. The Romans were content to absorb pagan beliefs willy-nilly, but that's not how Christ operates.
>>
File: Aeserian Code.jpg (684KB, 1742x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Aeserian Code.jpg
684KB, 1742x2000px
>>1985822

You mean:

>Routinely martyred and publicly executed in the empire for nearly 250 years
>Enforce their doctrine of faith
>Fought tooth and nail to civilize the Scandinavians
>Ensure that new converts do not blaspheme
>>
>>1985890
>>Routinely martyred and publicly executed in the empire for nearly 250 years
>Implying the persecution isn't overblown and many pagan emperors weren't more tolerant than their laters ever would be
>Fought tooth and nail to civilize the Scandinavians
>Isolate them and other pagans from the rest of Europe before that by putting up previously non existent religious divides
>>
File: Chinesisch Kaiser Kangxi Jagd.jpg (225KB, 709x532px) Image search: [Google]
Chinesisch Kaiser Kangxi Jagd.jpg
225KB, 709x532px
>>1985822
>TFW China was smart and drove them the fuck off when they started their indoctrination arguments in a rare show of Chinese religious intolerance.
>>
>>1986214
but they also told proddies to fuck off, thus denying themselves access to western technology which would bite them in the ass later
>>
>>1985822
Because it had a sandnigger mentality.
>>
>>1985822
>How come a father doesn't show tolerance to his child if he gets the child to behave and then the child slips back into the same bad behavior?
>>
>>1986267
No. They just drove off the Brits whom they thought had nothing of value.

The Dutch were allowed to trade alongside France and Spain.
>>
>>1986214
>rare show of Chinese religious intolerance
only rare because religion isn't a huge deal in China. They have a long and almost funnily cruel history of persecuting whichever ideology is out of fashion at the current moment. The chinese are shockingly intolerant of ideology that clashes with the currently prevailing dogma in any way.
>>
>>1986404
Isn't Confucianism more like Ideology than a religion in some ways?
Explain why they didn't like Catholicism, which I think at least used to have a good set of ideologies prepacked with it.
>>
>>1987664
They didn't like Catholicism because it wasn't Confucianism/legalism/daoism or whatever else was dominant at the time. I don't know about this particular piece of Chinese history but they have a history of persecuting anything that isn't what they're currently following.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.