[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For what reason is Napoleon III not taught of in the same fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: NapoleonIII.jpg (148KB, 800x1118px) Image search: [Google]
NapoleonIII.jpg
148KB, 800x1118px
For what reason is Napoleon III not taught of in the same fashion as Napoleon is.

His success is just as great as his, if not greater.
>>
>>1985142
Just look at those shoes.
>>
>>1985142
His assistance in creating the united German nation-state and empire is invaluable.
>>
>>1985242
kek
>>
>>1985242
>tfw Nappo & his progeny are basically the founding fathers of Germany
>>
>>1985142
He would be if he hadn't colossally fucked up with Prussia. I mean, he was going well and he suddenly took absolutely shit decisions. Same as Napoleon Sr., but Nap Jr. fucked up even worse.
>>
>>1985235
>not looking at his legs

faggot
>>
Napoleon III was nowhere near as interesting or successful, and the french are ashamed of him today, which is part of why nobody talks about him
>>
>>1985142
>Battle of Solferino
Yes, Yes, Bravo France, Bravo, HOWEVER.
>Battle of Konnigratz
>Battle of Dybbol
>Battle of Sedan.
>>
>>1985142
He got BTFO by the Prussians, rather than having a glorious last stand against all of Europe. But when I was in Paris this summer, I was blown away by how much his reign influenced the city's design and culture.
>>
>>1985720
Pretty sure he played a major role of the modernization and cultural expansion of Paris.
>>
>>1986034
>Pretty sure he played a major role of the modernization and cultural expansion of Paris.

Indeed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haussmann%27s_renovation_of_Paris
>>
>>1985142
Third Republic propaganda destroyed his image in order to assert its own legitimity + the fact that Victor Hugo, today largely considered by the french as the greatest french author of all times, didn't like him. But he was indeed a great man and a great emperor.

>>1985299
It wasn't really his decision, he faced a lot of pressure coming both from his government and from his wife but Napoleon III didn't want the war. Unfortunately he was very ill at this time and eventually gave in to the warmongers.
>>
>>1985235
/fa/ as fuck
>>
>>1985242
Lol
>>
>>1985142
>1865 France
>still wearing breeches
Why? For what purpose?
>>
>>1985242
>united German nation-state
The German Empire was no united German nation-state. It was a collection of German countries under a Prussian hegemony.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.