[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the beginning of capitalism, /his/? When was the bourgeois

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1457007455752-2.jpg (136KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1457007455752-2.jpg
136KB, 1280x853px
When was the beginning of capitalism, /his/?

When was the bourgeois revolution, and where? If Marx's theory of history is true, it must have happened.
>>
Well Romans had banks, issued loans, had contracts, utilized credit and charged rent.

Idk why Rome isn't considered capitalism. Other than the mass use of slaves I mean.
>>
>>1981154
By Capitalism, do you mean the individual pursuing financial success?

Smith, I guess
>>
>>1981161
Maybe because it still relied too much on the plantation system and the bawsses invested in labour-intensive ventures rather than capital-intensive ventures.
>>
>>1981161
>>1981177
Actually we could also think of the collapse of Rome as an instance of a capitalistic system decaying into feudalism due to decay and eventual collapse of the state.
>>
it probably began independently in both the middle east and yellow river valley, and resulted from the discovery of agriculture. agriculturalists with a surplus of food could now manipulate resources in their regions. this would eventually morph into modern capitalism, though the east seemed to be better at stomping it into the dirt and then.
>>
>>1981161
Not to mention long supply chains across the entire Mediterranean and countless middle men and merchants. Oh and the first welfare state as well.
>>
File: Workshop_of_Phidias.jpg (274KB, 2069x1482px) Image search: [Google]
Workshop_of_Phidias.jpg
274KB, 2069x1482px
>>1981161
>Idk why Rome isn't considered capitalism. Other than the mass use of slaves I mean.
It wasn't just the presence of slaves, but of landed nobility and the structure of the army, as well. Their society was completely militarized and structured as a full time war economy and was completely depended on foreign conquest to act as a periodic economic stimulus to maintain their economy, keeping a constant influx of foreign gold and slaves greasing the treads of the economy and allowing working men social mobility into the ranks of land owners thanks to the success of their generals.

When Romans ran out of people worth conquering in the late 2nd century their economy suffocated and broke down.while internecine warfare became endemic. What emerged from the collapse of these primitive slave owning societies were feudal societies which did away with the practice of buying and selling living humans (at least those of the same ethnicity) and legally tethered workers to their land rather than literally chaining them to it.
>>
File: 1469371552940.jpg (171KB, 500x674px) Image search: [Google]
1469371552940.jpg
171KB, 500x674px
Every thread with you people
Why is it always about Rome?
>>
>>1981154
It began in Paris in 1789
>>
>>1981154
Capitalism is just human nature, OP :^)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.