[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a "religion" that believes in all known Gods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: PBF271-Spelling.png (991KB, 700x1191px) Image search: [Google]
PBF271-Spelling.png
991KB, 700x1191px
Would a "religion" that believes in all known Gods but acknowledge that they all have a equal likelihood of existing and therefore toes around them all carefully work? Just a focus on being a morally good person without committing to any one god and avoiding the major sins to not be sentenced to hell.

No, I'm not talking about Fedora Atheism that just rejects every religious sounding thing. Consider it as a form of spiritual Insurance; Since almost all major religions have some sort of Purgatory for non-believers and some are relatively decent for morally good people, you just end up in a place with other morally decent people with the worst filtered out to their hells and the lucky faithful into whatever paradise they go to.

If you want to argue about the likelihood of any one religion being more likely to be true, consider that Islam and Christianity have both declined to relatively equal levels and more atrocities that would violate both religions have been committed without divine intervention=, message or miracle etc. And even if one group did wipe out another on the physical mud ball of Earth, there's no guarantee that when you die, you won't be facing an angry god with all his believers partying in the after life.

And suppose that any one judgement day occurs and you end up believing the wrong version of it. You still have enough knowledge or 'goodliness' to identify the Anti-whatever before its too late. If there really is no gods at all and you just poof into nothingness when you are dead, then at least you left the world a better place than if you believed nothing at all.

TLDR: Religious Insurance, believe everything and aim for purgatory, can it work?
>>
>>1978100
Have fun with your eternal longing for God.
>>
>>1978100
No. Many of those religions have contradictory doctrines (not to mention conflicting views on 'morality'). One example would be funeral ceremonies, which are for many religions necessary to get in the afterlife. Also, the abrahamic god says "have no gods beside Me", so there's that.
>>
>>1978100

Religions are meant to leave material-bodily hedonism, travels, concerts, foods, sex and so on, for a spiritual hedonism, through prayers for theists and mediation for atheists.
Plenty of material hedonist love to think of themselves as less hedonistic than they are, since it improves their hedonism in thinking that they are not animals...most people who claim to be religious are not all, it is just the way they are.
>>
>>1978100
>some bearded lanklet
>an elephant with an axe
take your pick boys.
>>
>>1978130
Jesus is coming in fast with a 200 mph ball-exploding kick, then a bite to the face and a knock out punch combo

Christianity wins again.
>>
>>1978168

And now he has no chest.
>>
>>1978171
Nah lad elephant bender missed all his punches. Cunt's getting rekt
>>
File: 200px-Flaming_Chalice.svg.png (6KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Flaming_Chalice.svg.png
6KB, 200x180px
>>1978111
You're not believing the other gods though, you're just holding out until one of them gives a call. And most of them are okay with burial and respect for the dead, and if you can't get into the afterlife, it's cool to wander around in Purgatory or the Earth with the other non-believers. Besides, Christ did say all souls can be saved and there's a sub-branch that's dedicated to that.
>>
>>1978100
that's basically the mongol theology

can't find the quote, but kublai believed the known gods were all aspects/interpretations of one
>>
>>1978188
>holding out
That qualifies you for hell in most religions in the same way disbelieving does.
>And most of them are okay with burial and respect for the dead
Only the "right" one lands you in an afterlife in most classical religions (Greek, for example),
>it's cool to wander around in Purgatory or the Earth with the other non-believers
I didn't see evidence for purgatory in the Bible, and I do not know of any other religion that has one.
>>
>>1978177
Did you not see the axe?
Yeah, I suppose that's christfag arguments in a nutshell.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.